Matt's track/nurburgring RS250 Clio f1

So fitted the 225 TB and traced the wires back to ecu and got it all wired up for the car to not rev past 3k and to sound like it was misfiring. Pedal position spot on but the butterfly not opening so out the 350 one back on and whacked my mates snap on scanner in to see what came up and below is what we have. An ideas chaps? As it is I'm ready for snetterton but would love to run this throttle body without issue.1e50f492baa1fc549e83fe7d4c7f90c9.jpg84c0677525c8e02b26f971326e08df33.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

So fitted the 225 TB and traced the wires back to ecu and got it all wired up for the car to not rev past 3k and to sound like it was misfiring. Pedal position spot on but the butterfly not opening so out the 350 one back on and whacked my mates snap on scanner in to see what came up and below is what we have. An ideas chaps? As it is I'm ready for snetterton but would love to run this throttle body without issue.View attachment 121937View attachment 121938

How good are you at electrics? You need to check the wiring for the tb to see what voltage you're receiving, what earths you have and check them for resistance (disconnected from the ecu and tb for resistance checks though!).
Volt drop is a good way to see what's going on as it'll highlight where the issue is.

Reactions: M77MWw
How good are you at electrics? You need to check the wiring for the tb to see what voltage you're receiving, what earths you have and check them for resistance (disconnected from the ecu and tb for resistance checks though!).
Volt drop is a good way to see what's going on as it'll highlight where the issue is.
That will be a job for someone else hahaha

That will be a job for someone else hahaha

Lol! Where are you in the world? Also, was it running ok on the dbw tb originally? Give me as much detail as possible and I'll try my best to help/guide you.
I've had a dbw tb fail on me in a similar way to what you're experiencing, but it was telling the ecu it was working!

I'm south east London/Kent buddy.

Right so car has 250 engine, 250 inlet, 250 throttle body and 225 ecu. I believe that harness is a mixture of all 3 (done by SC autos) the car will drive spot on with the 250 throttle body and got me home from a 4 hour journey after picking her up. However at times (not always) when I come.tona standstill at a junction or traffic lights the car will still be running but no throttle what so ever so I have to turn the car off and on and its good to go. I am thinking about getting a new harness made and throw the sc auto one in the bin haha

I'm south east London/Kent buddy.

Right so car has 250 engine, 250 inlet, 250 throttle body and 225 ecu. I believe that harness is a mixture of all 3 (done by SC autos) the car will drive spot on with the 250 throttle body and got me home from a 4 hour journey after picking her up. However at times (not always) when I come.tona standstill at a junction or traffic lights the car will still be running but no throttle what so ever so I have to turn the car off and on and its good to go. I am thinking about getting a new harness made and throw the sc auto one in the bin haha

Ah ok, too far from me to look at it unfortunately, otherwise I could've scoped it all on the oscilloscope to see voltage and signals etc.
That to me sounds like the 225 ecu is where the potential issue lies, or it's the wiring between the 2 that differs.

@M77MWw it looks to me like you need to switch around pin 1 to pin 4, and pin 2 to pin 3. Pin 4 moves to pin 6, pin 6 to pin 2, pin 3 to pin 1. Pin 5 stays in the same place. That swaps it over to a 225 dbw tb

Last edited:
Reactions: Pav and M77MWw
@M77MWw it looks to me like you need to switch around pin 1 to pin 4, and pin 2 to pin 3. Pin 4 moves to pin 6, pin 6 to pin 2, pin 3 to pin 1. Pin 5 stays in the same place. That swaps it over to a 225 dbw tb
This is what I've been given to wire up the throttle body for 225 but still ran like crap

Pin 1 = G4
Pin 2 = G3
Pin 3 = M4
Pin 4 = M3
Pin 6 = D3
Pin 5 = G2

This is what I've been given to wire up the throttle body for 225 but still ran like crap

Pin 1 = G4
Pin 2 = G3
Pin 3 = M4
Pin 4 = M3
Pin 6 = D3
Pin 5 = G2

You need an ecu pin out diagram then mate as you're going to have to continuity/resistance check all the wiring and make sure it's all as it should be. Failing that, get a known working 225 tb and try that first. Mine went down on the throttle potentiometer track 1, so it was changed to read from track 2 instead and it all worked as it should do from there on in. This was on a 172 dbw tb though.

In fact, ignition on and the tb should buzz if it's the same as a 172 item. Get someone to press the pedal with the ignition on, but engine off. If the buzzing noise changes note, but the butterfly doesn't move, or doesn't go wot when the pedal is wot, there's your potential problem.

This is what I've been sent, now am I mistaken that the location in the right is the order then need go in or the numbers being the actual location?

On there is goes

But on the plug itself it goes
1-6 in order

Sorry I may seem stupid here but I'm not great with this sort of thing a1298eff749351998b9e2ec3da332c28.jpg245b76a1ea27eccf9709d99f4f21bebd.jpg

This is what I've been sent, now am I mistaken that the location in the right is the order then need go in or the numbers being the actual location?

On there is goes

But on the plug itself it goes
1-6 in order

Sorry I may seem stupid here but I'm not great with this sort of thing View attachment 121945View attachment 121946

Both those pictures show the wiring the same way as I've said it needs to be tbh mate, so not sure if each diagram is meant to be for a 225 and a 250?

We've been talking too ahaha he's been trying to help me out. I'm puzzled by the diagram as it shows the plug pin numbers in random orders but the plug itself the numbers are in order. So does the diagram show them in the order the need to be?

We've been talking too ahaha he's been trying to help me out. I'm puzzled by the diagram as it shows the plug pin numbers in random orders but the plug itself the numbers are in order. So does the diagram show them in the order the need to be?

Do both plugs go from 1 to 6? Or are they randomly spaced as per the wiring diagram? I imagine they'll be 1 to 6 tbh.

Do both plugs go from 1 to 6? Or are they randomly spaced as per the wiring diagram? I imagine they'll be 1 to 6 tbh.
Yes the plugs are 1-6 this is what is confusing me as I've done the wires based on that but the diagram shows the pins in random order

Yes the plugs are 1-6 this is what is confusing me as I've done the wires based on that but the diagram shows the pins in random order

Ignore the random order on the diagrams then mate is my advice.

That diagram above ^^ is what I've based my recent posts on as well tbh mate. Can you get hold of another tb to try? Or try what I suggested with ignition on, engine off and throttle pedal moved to different positions. You need to see if the flap is even moving or opening to wot.

Similar Thread Suggestions