Meg conversion

Hey guys I've recently started looking into the Meg conversion for my Clio 200. I've got a price for the conversion but not the actual engine itself. I'm guessing it's easier to buy a whole written off Megane 225? If this is the case does anyone know rough prices and where is best to buy a written off Megane? Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Buy a 250 engine. Newer, more reliable and more power. Slightly more expensive however.

Other than that, just the usual places. Renbreakers, eBay, google etc.

@Rouge cheers for the reply. Just spoken to a breakers who's saying £2400 delivered for a Meg engine and the "parts I need" though he didn't sound too sure to me what parts I actually needed. Is it a long list of parts? If not and you have a spare minute could you list them for me so I can double check with him. The engines has just over 40k miles on.

That's ridiculous money :lol:

250 engine shouldn't really be any more than a grand. For that price it won't come with a turbo, so you'll need that as well. I got mine for 1500 and it came with everything I needed but the turbo. - That was about this time last year. Was speaking to a guy on FB this week and he got the same for £1000.

250 engine is same fitment, but i'm pretty sure you can't run a Clio box with it. So that may be the only reason you would want to stick with 225 engine. Keeps the costs down. But bare in mind that some of them are like 10 years old now and like 60/70/80k on the engine or more so...it can always be a bit of a risk. Depends on what you're doing though...cheap and easy or going whole hog.

There's a parts list in the "How To" section of the site btw from Shakey.

250 GB won't go into the Clio housing. For that you need the R26 box if you want an LSD.