MotoGP 2017

Dovi is the boy this year, not been Silverstone tbh preferred Donington park helps being 40 mins away or so, food prices are shocking cadwell bsb bacon cobs were £5.50 for a small dry bit of bread and bacon with 70%rind racing was great tho
Was at Cadwell last year. A burger was £9.50!!! I do like Oulton Park for the BSB though.

Balls of steel today from the Worlds premier class riders in the monsoon like conditions.

Won’t spoil the result if you’re going to watch the highlights later....but I will say the end is tremendous and well worth catching.....

Reactions: jamesgw200
Balls of steel today from the Worlds premier class riders in the monsoon like conditions.

Won’t spoil the result if you’re going to watch the highlights later....but I will say the end is tremendous and well worth catching.....

+1
got out of bed five minutes before the start. didn't regret it.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Amazing race craft from the MotoGP riders this year.
That Motegi race was heart in your mouth stuff.

I recorded the BSB in the afternoon and that had its own surprises.

A cracking season, and of course 3 races still to go in MotoGP

Great race. I really want Dovi to win title, he is really proving he is one of the best.

Me too bud.

I’ll fully admit I’m no fan of Marquez, but Dovi’s really doing it for me too. Both on and off the track.

Whilst Marquez can undoubtably do things at times most on the grid can’t perhaps contemplate and you could argue he has dragged the limits of motorcycle racing up another level: some of his overly aggressive overtakes on track don’t sit well with me.

Yea,yea you could say every dominant / Championship winning rider hasn’t got where they have by being soft on track (My idol Rossi has been up there with the best of them at times)...and maybe the fact I’m no fan makes those actions of his rile me more...

Either way, I’ll be a happy man if certain Dukes finish in front of certain Hondas this weekend ! And if Rossi can be the meat in the sandwich and further spread the points differential - that would be the icing on the cake.

Reactions: JMR and peter
I agree Shuv, Marquez seems to have little regard to barging anyone out of the way.
Similarly I agreed his talent is truly undoubted - he is the master of MotoGP in the current era.

I'm a big Rossi fan, his chance has gone this year, and I really would like to see Dovi do it.

If Marquez wins the title again, he could well send MotoGP the same way as F1 went in popularity when Schumacher and Vettel kept winning year after year.
Much like its getting boring seeing Hamilton dominate this year.

We need fresh blood at the top of the championship to keep peoples interest.

I'm amazed that none of the front runners ended up in the kitty litter :flushed:

Some amazing respectful riding again, apart from one instance leaving Mr 46 with a tyre mark up his leathers :angry:

...something mentioned only a couple of posts up by me and 748

I'm amazed that none of the front runners ended up in the kitty litter :flushed:

Some amazing respectful riding again, apart from one instance leaving Mr 46 with a tyre mark up his leathers :angry:

...something mentioned only a couple of posts up by me and 748

Had a few rude moments again didnt he ! It was an argy-bargy race as i've ever seen. Not sure if i've ever seen so many overtakes in one race (?) !! However MM still managed to be slightly more aggressive than anyone else. Maybe that's why he won :smile:

I can't help but feel that if Rossi hadn't been so tripped up by Zarco, Iannone et-al so many times in the last 1/3rd of the race - he perhaps had the bike, riding level today and the right tyres to fight for the win. If "they" had of stopped bickering for positions due to the Red-mist; and used the fastest of the bunch to tag in behind and bridge the (Very small at the end) gap we may have seen a different result.

But that wasn't what happened and MM has one hand and quite a few fingers of the other on the Title..... His to lose irrespective of what anyone else does positions wise. Only something silly from him, or a suicidal overtake from someone with nothing to lose can change histories course now i feel.....

Reactions: JMR
On a side note a big well done to Jonathan Rea for winning his third WSBK championship in a row with a 50th race win. There is really some great British talent in WSBK.

Reactions: peter
Had a few rude moments again didnt he ! It was an argy-bargy race as i've ever seen. Not sure if i've ever seen so many overtakes in one race (?) !! However MM still managed to be slightly more aggressive than anyone else. Maybe that's why he won :smile:

I can't help but feel that if Rossi hadn't been so tripped up by Zarco, Iannone et-al so many times in the last 1/3rd of the race - he perhaps had the bike, riding level today and the right tyres to fight for the win. If "they" had of stopped bickering for positions due to the Red-mist; and used the fastest of the bunch to tag in behind and bridge the (Very small at the end) gap we may have seen a different result.

But that wasn't what happened and MM has one hand and quite a few fingers of the other on the Title..... His to lose irrespective of what anyone else does positions wise. Only something silly from him, or a suicidal overtake from someone with nothing to lose can change histories course now i feel.....

You're right.
93 has done what he needed to do today, and this weekend has been a mitigated disaster for Dovi :-(

The winter break might bring us a few developments and surprises for next year, here's hoping.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LOCKE Motorsport 26
J90RDN Non-Clio For Sale 0
Adam_C Motorsport 55
W Motorsport 5
jostheboss Motorsport 20