MS 200 fun road and track car - and other car stuff!

Had my first attempt at claying today, I've never been one to wash my cars but I'm getting a bit buffty of late!

The Clio had little tar spots all over the lower half of the sides so it's made a big difference. Good improvement all over even if it did start raining before I'd really finished.

IMG_2781.JPG

IMG_2782.JPG

Managed to get some quick detailer on it before the rain came so better than nothing.

Will have to make time to wax it before long. Got an MX5 that needs some love and a house I'm halfway through painting so they're all competing for time!

For anyone interested, a vid I popped together of our shakedown at Blyton in Dan (brother's) VX220:

In case anyone notices, Dan's helmet strap isn't fastened in one of the clips. It wasn't a deliberate thing, we're normally very safety conscious.

Reactions: Jimmy and suj
Great vid Matt, I do love the VX220s, I should have bought one when they were cheaper (well an S1 Elise to be honest, oh well).
My mate at work has an S2 Exige S, we've done a few roadtrips round Wales, Peak and Lake District, it is such a great capable car.

Also a bit off topic, but can I ask about your K20'd MK1 MX5 please? Got a build thread for it?
A couple of my best mates have / had them, if you're on MX5nutz Jase used to have an ITB'd one, then he turbo'd it (but sold up for his now complete classic 911), another still has his ITB'd 1.8 MK1. He actually was considering F20c'ing his, but house and lack of man-maths made him say no.

Reactions: Matt Scarbro
Yeah the Velise chassis' are fantastic aren't they, like you I really wish I'd bought a S1 a few years back.
At least I get to drive Dan's!

I remember Jase's car and met him once, boy do I wish I'd bought a 911 like him. He's done such a wonderful job with the restoration!

Here's the link to my MX2000 thread, it's fairly long as you'd expect!!
http://www.mx5nutz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=153196&page=1

It's not working properly at the moment so causing me a real headache... need to spend time and money on that rather than the Clio!! :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: suj
What a small world, so I take it you're also on NL? As I seen the vid of you with Nige and Alistair.
I need to get back out to the Ring soon, miss it so much!

Thanks for the link, will read it at lunch(s), I sent it to my other mate who wanted go do exactly that, he was like "dammit" haha.

What's wrong with it currently?

No I'm not a northlooper (yet), saving that until I can afford to do trackdays there rather than touristfahrten!

I put a supercharger on it and it now has a high rev misfire, have tried all sorts and been on the dyno twice with good tuners. So frustrating but it will be worth it once it's working properly! :smilingimp:

I'm not surprised, I last went in 2013, I'd do DN if I went again.

Oh wow, I need to work through this thread then!
Probably teaching you to suck eggs, but could it be a sensor, crankshaft sensor or TPS?

I remember reading years ago someone having a F20c SC similar problem, I think it may have been a TPS problem, I'll try and find the guys thread and post it up.

You're the second person to suggest the TPS in the last week! We haven't swapped that because the logs look fine. Worth investigation though as there seem to be a few cases of trouble.

Will be so happy once it's remedied!!

Drove the BM soon after the Clio the other day on unlit roads. Ordered new bulbs soon after!! Should look a bit nicer too. :smiley:

Went cheap on the indicators though and it shows!!

IMG_2816.JPG

Reactions: Jimmy
Mine came with the 'upgraded' bulbs. So i've not really taken much notice - or seen standard orange ones close-up.

But isnt that such a huge improvement ! Front-end looks great now :smile:

Bit more non-Clio stuff here, but if you're anything like me you might find it interesting! :smiley:

Some back to back testing and a bit of comparison fitting a big wing on my MX2000.

Back on topic and I now have all my bits to get the brakes ready for track action!

Enlight8.jpg

Experienced some, erm, budget creep on the pads! In the end I couldn't convince myself that any of the track options wouldn't squeal so I've just gone for a good track pad that I can swap back to OEM Pagids for road use.

I've been wanting to try CLs for a while so this was a good opportunity and as I've got some more Brembos for the MX5 I could technically use them on that if I ever needed to! That was the justification anyhow! :tearsofjoy:

I'm keen to try it with the standard hoses before going braided, hopefully it won't need them.

Reactions: Micah and suj
Less exciting arrival in this morning's post but another step towards the car being as it should.

IMG_2885.JPG

A rear quarter window seal as mine is is in very poor shape! Just need a nice day to go out and get it fitted.