MTEC Brakes - Review(s)

you should only coat round the centre spigot and not the disc face...that should be left clean

hi Robo..read ur thread a few times..just wondering how have u found these after a few months??are they worth buying??any track days??
thanks

I've recently had some of these fronts fitted (grooved and drilled) along with Mintex M1144 pads - just had a gentle first 200 miles, then put them through a heat cycle. I'm happy with them so far, they look great and performance seems good. They do make a bit of a whirring noise, but nothing too intrusive.

I had these on track and tbh I wasn't very impressed :worried: used brembo pads with the dimpled and grooved discs and found they went off very quickly ie 4-5 laps of Knockhill someone else was running the same pads as me but with renaults stock discs and had no problems with over heating so can only put it down to the discs, brakes were serviced 2 days before hand aswel so no sticky pads or calipersOn the road I can't fault them dirt cheap look good behind the wheel and stop fantastically when required but doubt I'll be buying them again may go for HC discs next time

Fitted my drilled only discs about 200 miles ago, along with Mintex pads... Can't fault them for road use tbh.

I've got the drilled and grooved discs (wish I got them painted as the middle has gone a bit crusty looking), running them with the mintex 1144 pads they are SHARP from cold.
Sounds like a jet spooling down when breaking from 70 mph which is pretty cool, but do get the odd squeak and slight grind noise at slow speeds. You can buy a mintex anti squeal kit to help this.

If you're after a bit more cooling but no noise go for drilled as its the grooves that create all the noise. Dont bother with dimples waste of money. Meganes have drilled as standard and I had no noise what so ever.

Highly recommend these discs and would buy again, you do get reminded how well they work with the pads when you get a plonker pull out infront of you, pulls your face off! Roll on track season!