New ish mule shoots MK4 MEG

HI @Micah yes definitely EDC is so much better on track especially at my playground

Paddle shift is just better all round. All the fuss about manual being better for engagement with the car is utter bollocks in my opinion. As long as the system is good, paddles all the way.

As for the car, that's looking VERY promising!

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Paddle shift is just better all round. All the fuss about manual being better for engagement with the car is utter bollocks in my opinion. As long as the system is good, paddles all the way.

As for the car, that's looking VERY promising!
My thoughts exactly @///M the problem for me now I could never go back to a manual car

Reactions: ///M
It's going to be available in EDC and old fashioned mod

Hell - i got blatantly and repeatedly slated recently for being 'middle aged'..........and now im "old fashioned" because i still have a gear-stick in my car ? What me and 15 million others in the UK :smile:

Ha ha - i'm only jealous Kev. You must be stoked the more you see and hear. Front does look more aggressive than some of the first renditions / mock-ups i've seen of the road version.

Whens your D-day for collection bud ?

Hell - i got blatantly and repeatedly slated recently for being 'middle aged'..........and now im "old fashioned" because i still have a gear-stick in my car ? What me and 15 million others in the UK :smile:

Ha ha - i'm only jealous Kev. You must be stoked the more you see and hear. Front does look more aggressive than some of the first renditions / mock-ups i've seen of the road version.

HI @sevenfourate because iam a tight fisted Welshman I've no date darling

Last edited:
Reactions: sevenfourate

Plus iam older than you (you little wipper snapper) Ian ancient LOL

Reactions: sevenfourate

HA! Jog on "middle ages man" what do you know?

:smiley:

Don't worry mate, between Kev and I, we've got you covered!

This looks ready to be revealed in Geneva... mainly because the interior is already an RS interior, no other megane has black rooflining, pillars or sunvisors... the reveal may actually be on the cards this march...

I can't say I agree on the EDC.

It removes a level of interaction that I really enjoy with cars. Part of the fun of driving for me is mastering technique.

Without the option to heel/toe, left foot brake or even the simple action of shifting; something's lost for me.

EDC is quicker, so it's not about that. There's a reason that Porsche received so much criticism of their 991 GT series' PDK.

People who really appreciate driving, appreciate a manual. For the whole market, EDC is better. Renaultsport weren't a 'whole market' kinda company though, until recently.

I can't say I agree on the EDC.

It removes a level of interaction that I really enjoy with cars. Part of the fun of driving for me is mastering technique.

Without the option to heel/toe, left foot brake or even the simple action of shifting; something's lost for me.

EDC is quicker, so it's not about that. There's a reason that Porsche received so much criticism of their 991 GT series' PDK.

People who really appreciate driving, appreciate a manual. For the whole market, EDC is better. Renaultsport weren't a 'whole market' kinda company though, until recently.

I have both. Given the option of only one, I'd go with paddleshift every time. Heel and toe is fun but if the car can do it perfectly every time and better then why not let it.

As for a manual being more engaging, I find the exact opposite to be true. Pushing on in a manual (ok I know it happens quicker than I'm describing here but...) you have to think about needing the gear, move your hand to the lever, ok I need to press the clutch now, select next gear, off the clutch and back on the gas. It's a lot of thought process that is not really doing anything and actually taking your focus to shifting and away from driving. Changing down needs even more thought, especially if you're trying to rev-match.

Where as with a paddle shift, it's just whoooooosh, next, whoooosh, next, whooooosh... all while flat shifting. It's a far more immersive driving experience and definitely my preference. And auto-blip downshifts are bloody awesome, especially if your car sounds like a beast.

Similar Thread Suggestions