New PC with Windows 8

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
Yay! Finally got me a PC again which means I can actually enjoy using the internet (typing on the iPad was soooo irritating!)

It has Windows 8 on it, which is gonna take some getting used to, but apparently, the update (Win 8.1) has a start button in it lol!

So anyway, pleased with the PC, at least I can enjoy using the internet a bit more now :smile:

Doing anything on the internet with the iPad started to get annoying, find it so much easier with an actual keyboard, sitting at an actual desk :wink:

It has a start button on your keyboard!

Just hit the windows key :wink:

I picked up a nee Sony t13 ultraviolet last night and I'm so confused by Windows 8.....

Win 8 is quite easy, you just have to get used to using the windows key.

Yeah big time with the Windows key.

Printing was so easy. I got a Wifi printer, and I didn't even have to install the software or do anything, it just installed itself as soon as it was booted up. Magic!!!

Yeah I use windows 8 at work and Love it. It's really quick and easy once you start getting used to it. The only thing I hate is that when you load a default app (like picture viewer) it takes up the whole screen and you can't minimise etc.

If you want it to start quickly throw an SSD in there :wink:. I've used Win8 a little so far, but didn't get off to the best start as my first time was using it on a customers iMac with Win8 and some distinctly incompatible software!

My folks have w8 on their laptop.
it was a real pain to get used to. :worried:
Took it to pc world and they set it up so it looks and works just like w7 :smile:

You can install a start button if you want that windows that you're used to feel.
I did it on mine and it logs straight in to the desktop and is a lot easier to use.

If you go to www.ninite.com it's under utilities called classic start. There are loads of other useful programs on that website too, good for setting up a new PC.