Newbie sorry if been asked before.tyre size

To me that car posted above looks like it would rub if it got driven hard. Plus that splitter wouldn’t last long on some of the roads I drive on!

:smiley:

Car looks nice no doubt but the wheels don’t fit right. Anything that negatively affects the way Renault wanted the car to feel is a straight no from me. They’re driving experience cars.

If you want styling and showy you’d be better in a German car. Loads of choice but you’ll soon find there’s very very few options of anything for the Clio.

Wheels being one of the most annoying examples. But why fit something that won’t drive as well just because it looks cool? I don’t get it.

I’d have a good look at Braid as Peter suggested. But honestly, what you’re trying to achieve isn’t going to help the way the car drives. Depends what you want out of owning it I guess.

To me that car posted above looks like it would rub if it got driven hard. Plus that splitter wouldn’t last long on some of the roads I drive on!

:smiley:

Car looks nice no doubt but the wheels don’t fit right. Anything that negatively affects the way Renault wanted the car to feel is a straight no from me. They’re driving experience cars.

If you want styling and showy you’d be better in a German car. Loads of choice but you’ll soon find there’s very very few options of anything for the Clio.

Wheels being one of the most annoying examples. But why fit something that won’t drive as well just because it looks cool? I don’t get it.

I’d have a good look at Braid as Peter suggested. But honestly, what you’re trying to achieve isn’t going to help the way the car drives. Depends what you want out of owning it I guess.
Thanks for your honest opion, and i agree ,dont like splitter well too low.
But im after wheels that arent loads of spokes lol

the 17 inch wheel extends 29mm further outwards in comparison to the stock wheel.
the 18 inch wheel extends 36mm further outwards in comparison to the stock wheel.

personally, i wouldn't risk it.
I worked et as 68 standard - 19mm spacers which im running so i would need et49 ?
Is et measured in mm ?
If so et45 would be 4mm more poke then im running now ?
Is this correct ?
Sorry

Reactions: Sean197 and ///M
et is in mm but rim width in inches so an 8j wheel will protrude a quarter of an inch (approx. 6.25mm) more than a 7.5j wheel with the same et. Diameter should make no difference but it's generally felt that Clios drive better on 17" rims than 18" ones.

Reactions: peter
jezus christ martin, use the bloody calculator in post #36.

sorry ... no, an 8 inch wheel requires an ET of 58 to stick out the same as a 7.5 inch wide wheel with ET45.
going to lie down now. exhausted.

jezus christ martin, use the bloody calculator in post #36.

sorry ... no, an 8 inch wheel requires an ET of 58 to stick out the same as a 7.5 inch wide wheel with ET45.

going to lie down now. exhausted.

6.25mm =.5 inch
7.5j et 49 equals
8j et 55(.25)

7.5j et 45 equals
8j et50(.25)

Et 58 ? 8j

Here's what ET57 8J looks like

0vlMmCj.jpg

mveFcjB.jpg
0vlMmCj

Reactions: Martin Walker
Below is the Ange & Démon from Hong Kong.

kRWtz8N.jpg

It's presumably sporting Volk/Rays TE37's but these are very rare in 5x108 and therefore reach exorbitant prices.

That's because they normally don't come in/with 5x108 PCD (?). From what I get some guys from a Ford community made a group buy and a set of left overs did go for over 1.500,- € on ebay.

But there's a slightly cheaper alternative which should be readily available in the form of Avid AV-06's which are basically TE37 knock-offs. Only problem is they're only available in Australia from what I get.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4
R Clio 197 Area 6