O2 sensor replacement

Searched around the forum and can't find any guides on replacing the first O2 sensor.

Anyone have any tips or pics?

Thanks

Mine was replaced when exhaust manifold was off from car. I bought genuine one from Germany it was something like 60euros.

The genuine ones are Bosch there are two types of connector one rectangle the other oval, the part number stamped on the side of the body is not exactly correct as the same sensor can have different lengths and connector type so different part numbers with the same body. There was a section somewhere on the Lambda sensors but I personally find it hard to find things in the forum without lots of similar posts coming up.

Thanks all.

Recently had the manifold replaced (on the side so can't really take it back and complain).

Is the only way to replace it to take the Mani back out?

Thanks all.

Recently had the manifold replaced (on the side so can't really take it back and complain).

Is the only way to replace it to take the Mani back out?

Sorry to dig up an old post but did you manage to replace sensor without removing manifold?

Hi Mate

Fortunately I didn't need to in the end. Turns out the guy had plugged in the sensors the wrong way round.

Sorry I can't help more!

Hi Mate

Fortunately I didn't need to in the end. Turns out the guy had plugged in the sensors the wrong way round.

Sorry I can't help more!
No worries, I've just been out and had another go at the sensor, this time with heat and plus gas and I also dropped the rear section of the exhaust to get more access. Slid a 22mm ring spanner over it and used another spanner for leverage and it cracked loose first time of trying :smile: