Original options

Dave W

Paid Member
Hi all,
Is there a list anywhere that shows the options taken on the original order?
I ask as my F1 doesn't have Recaros and I'm wondering if a previous owner sold them on or if they were fitted at all?
I'm not bothered as I'm fitting race seats anyway but just curious.

I guess a dealer would be able to check the VIN?

Cheers

Every R27 F1 came with Recaros so someone has removed them. Not sure why anyone would do that though?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dave W
Hi Dave, as far as I’m aware, all R27 F1 Clios had Recaros.

I did see a black one for sale recently with standard seats and I assumed they’d been removed and sold or a previous owner had preferred the standard seats.

Hi Dave, as far as I’m aware, all R27 F1 Clios had Recaros.

I did see a black one for sale recently with standard seats and I assumed they’d been removed and sold or a previous owner had preferred the standard seats.
That's probably the one I've bought; only picked it up in November.

Thanks for the info guys.

Check and make sure it's an F1 you have the oval sticker should have this and plate next to the handbrake. I have seen a few adds offering free swaps for standard seats before so yes some people can't get on with them.

upload_2018-2-25_12-49-31.png

I must admit that the Recaro's when your reversing and you tend to turn in your seat and put your hand on the shoulder of the passenger seat to look backwards is near impossible to do.

Check and make sure it's an F1 you have the oval sticker should have this and plate next to the handbrake. I have seen a few adds offering free swaps for standard seats before so yes some people can't get on with them.

View attachment 120851

I must admit that the Recaro's when your reversing and you tend to turn in your seat and put your hand on the shoulder of the passenger seat to look backwards is near impossible to do.

Yes it's definitely got both of those as I checked before I bought it. He'd had a good few people decline it or make a stupid offer thinking it wasn't genuine because of the seats

I personally would retro fit the Recaros for future resale and for the fact they were standard on the F1.

I personally would retro fit the Recaros for future resale and for the fact they were standard on the F1.
I probably will in due course when I come round to sell it but for the next couple of years it's got other plans.

Reactions: LOCKE
Easiest way to tell of your car came with Recaros or not is to check if you can turn the passenger airbag off

Can turn it off = boggo seats
Can’t turn it off = Recaros

Should be a switch on the side of the dash when you open the passenger door

I honestly think people sell the Recaros to make a quick buck.
Agreed, and whilst some people may not necessarily agree with it I can understand why it's done. The money you would get for the recaros would offset the slightly lower selling price of the car by a considerable amount.

I don't know how to link, but in the pinned post, color list r27 register there's a post of this... *see photo*CCF16032011_00001-1.jpg

In that it says standard equipment in the f1 in addition to the 197 and it says recaros as standard, so they got to of been taken out.

Thanks for all the info.
Happy to advise that the imposter seats have now been removed and replaced with Sabelt GT3's.