• new belts all around,water pump.spark plugs,coils etc May 2017
  • Castrol Syntrans V-FE 75W-80
  • Motul 660 brake fliud
  • dewipered rear
  • turbo gauge
  • front/rear dash cam
  • new battery

the car runs 280bhp and 300lb/ft..certainly enjoying it :thumb:

Hi guys.After 6 years of owning my first clio 1.2 petrol I though,it was time to upgrade.Have always been a big fan of sport hatchbacks but never had the money to get 1.Been saving and working 2 jobs to get one.Since I owned a renault I thought I stick with the make.Last summer I found a Clio RS on autotrader.The guy wanted £5,500,me and my mate managed to get the price down by £500 so I was happily driving home in a new(ish) car.The car was 100% standard but with full history and brand new tires.My previous car:06072013938.jpgthats history now.never had any major problems with this renault.this is what I got instead:That was July13.As Im originally from Czech I decided to drive back home for the summer holiday.Unfortunately,I have not got any pics from this trip.All happened relatively fast.When I came back I started searching for some info about upgrades and tunning.And I spotted this website.Got registered and since that I have found so much useful info on here.Thanks guys.You are doing an incredible job sharing your knowledge.Never knew that our clios had created this massive community of enthusiastic people.My 1st upgrade if you want call it that:tongueout:painted my calipers blue which lasted about 3 months.Didnt really enjoy the blue and grey(wheels) combo so it had to be replaced.Got a 250ml can of a brush on paint from ebay.It cost me arount £10.Same week I did a research on how to spray wheels using a can,not a paint gun.29102013019.jpg02112013041.jpgJust before last xmas the Hel braided lines arrived accompanied by Motul 660 brake fluid.Also had my mechanic to replace both rear discs(original renault) and pads all around.Also original Brembo.Thought may give them a go and if not happy with them,can be easily replaced.Given that the cambelt has never been done in a 7 years of the previous ownership I decided to do it(have my mechanic do it):smiley:alongside with the sparkplugs,water pump and gearbox oil.hel.gifmotul.jpgWith the interior(dash) looking a bit boring I removed the dash components and sprayed them black and blue.04112013052.jpgIn February this year I managed to save some money so went for some spacers and Eibach 20/25 springs.I have to say that the look of my car is spot on and I havent found these springs crashy whatsoever even when pushed.Might be a good compromise for those who want to retain the handling but to bring a car a bit closer to the ground.Running stock dumpers as well.]26032014155.jpgWith this combo i went for some cheap mud flaps as I was getting quite a lot of dirt on the sides.27042014419.jpgLast month I ordered some carbon vinyl from ebay to wrap the dash.Think I paid around a tenner to do the inside and decided to wrap rear mirrors too.30032014215-1.jpg30032014214.jpg27042014385.jpgAfter seeing a few 197's with their tail pipes sticking out I ordered a couple of tips from ebay.Since I cant afford the full exhaust system yet,and i do like them to be visible,I got these two tips + 4 clamps to keep them in place.Diffuser got sprayed black a the same time to go with my gloss black wheels.In February I went to Oulton park for a track day.Had so much fun and the car held up well.Apart from brake pads which had to be replaced for some Ferodo ds a week later.Destroyed them in one day.So the car got some proper abuse :chair:DSC_0831.jpgDSC_0798.jpgLast month I checked the way of how to rebuilt the front calipers including the seals replacement.So I did it in a couple of hours.Cant really tell whether it made any noticeable difference/improvement but at least its done and doesnt have to be done for some time.Some of the dust seals were knackered so i can drive with peace in my mind.Striped,cleaned and lubed rear calipers as well.My air filter was due to replace so ordered an ITG panel filter from k-tec.For those asking whether it was a good change or not(costing £60),never noticed any difference tbh.Maybe cold starts are better compared to the stock one.A week ago took a part in the Big Malton Breakfast event.Went together with a few guys registered on here.Had to leave early cause of my mate needing help with his car.Anyway enjoyed walking around admiring some fine motors.20042014351.jpg20042014305.jpg20042014301.jpgWent for a drive today since its been so nice.Snake pass drive.Really well built road to have some proper fun.27042014426.jpg27042014422.jpg27042014419.jpg27042014413.jpg27042014411.jpg27042014408.jpg27042014406.jpg27042014398.jpg27042014389.jpghope you like some of it.Sorry for the length of this thread.Didnt have time to start my own progress thread until now.Any comments/suggestions welcome.Plans:1.some better rubber2.bigger brake setup:book:

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt Scarbro
got the rattly noise sorted today..had a a weird noise coming out of the back of the car...one of the clamps holding the tips in place was touching the cars frame..hehe..had to take the diffuser off and get it on the ramp to spot it..glad its sorted..so nice to drive it again with no noise except the engine noise :hug:

A good little progression there mate! Really like what the car has become!
thanks..really appreciate..it has gone through some changes-mostly cosmetic but if my funds allow,I will try get a bit more power out of it..
which is,as all of us know,quite an expensive hobby:zomg:

Last edited:
due to MOT next month so decided to have oil filter,oil and box oil changed.Will also ask my mechanic to bleed the slave cylinder..think might be some air trapped there..sometimes struggle to put in 3rd when revving hard...

Last edited:
Lovely looking car you've got there Pav. Always nice to see someone working hard and getting the motor they were looking for! Having spent all my time in crap - warm hatchbacks I was dreaming of a 197 for quite a few years before I got the opportunity to take the step up, so I appreciate how good it feels :smile:.

Also it was impressively clean last time I saw it :wink:
14050526135_eca1e2ae41_b.jpgIMG_8900 by Rob Owen!, on Flickr

Good to meet you at Malton, hopefully catch you at another meet soon.

you just made my day [MENTION=522]Robo_#1[/MENTION] :smile:
thats a really good picture..i know what it fells like to dream..meant to get a MK2 clio(sport) a few years back but glad i had waited till now..must say its a proper machine if you do look after it and change a few bits..i do take pride in it as i have spent a lot of time making it drive and look better..just love when driving and see peoples heads turning:jase:
any news on your project(mazda) would be nice to see some progress there..
based in manchester so if anything is going on just give me shout..

not an upgrade as such but received this in the post today..so will be applying this weekend..
01052014432.jpg
01052014433.jpg

Last edited:
alright..G1 apllied today..cant really say much about it..will have to wait for some rain..not gonna take long i guess here in manchester :d
03052014440.jpg
03052014442.jpg
will see..

MOT due next month so decided to have it done next week while im off..had the gearbox oil done before xmas( what renault recommend-elf) have to say that was crappy oil..it made gear changes even worse id say..so after reading a few threads and contacting [MENTION=205]oilman[/MENTION] i ordered these babies:
will have engine oil,filter done and slave cylinder bled as well..
23052014460.jpg
23052014461.jpg

had some carbon fibre vinyl sitting around and nothing to do..this is the result..its not perfect if u take a closer look but it will do and still prefer it to the stock plastic look:
29052014461.jpg
29052014462.jpg
29052014463.jpg

a little update.due MOT this week.passed with no trouble.engine and box oil changed.slave cylinder bled-clutch feels more confident..box oil made a big difference tbh..well worth a few more quid..also wrapped the front diamond..haha that was a quest!!hands knackered and cut but its done..didnt take the front bumper off but its so tight there..
also the rubber seal behind the driver's door has been replaced..that was unbelievably easy i have to say..anyway.thats that..
01062014464.jpg
01062014466.jpg
01062014467.jpg
01062014470.jpg

just arrived..really good buy from ebay..£27 delivered and u can choose from lots of different colour options..
02062014470.jpg
02062014475.jpg
02062014476.jpg

I got them matts in my 200 ff there wicked.

Keep ro up the good work mate. Perhaps hydro dipping would be a better choice for your dash piece? Would look a lot nicer, can do other parts at the same time also.

Fantastic looking 197, Albi is such a great colour.

What exhaust tips have you got ? i want to add some to my 197 as i think the rear looks empty with the exhaust not being visible.

I got them matts in my 200 ff there wicked.

Keep ro up the good work mate. Perhaps hydro dipping would be a better choice for your dash piece? Would look a lot nicer, can do other parts at the same time also.
thought about it tbh..might be a bit expensive though..any idea of the cost??thanks for ur comment

Last edited: