Renault returning to the BTCC...

Ah, it makes sense now.

rockingham2013btcc052_zps0338f49e.jpg

rockingham2013btcc051_zps171d62dc.jpg

I thought it was just a bodykitted megane, it had very small discs on the back and looked odd, I can see it looks touring carish now.

It's a shame they're using the 5door and not a 3dr RS shell. It's a shame Renault aren't backing them, but maybe it'll open RUK's eyes up to the possibility of some more backing for the BTCC. It would be good to see them getting more involved like Honda are with the Team Dynamics guys.

It makes sense for Renault to get behind the BTCC a little more, now that its dropped WSR from the UK (seemingly indefinitely). I like the way that at Oulton forums like CivInfo get special parking up on the hill looking down on craner curves. Maybe if Renault get more involved in the BTCC it would be possible for us to get something sorted for next year?

It's a shame they're using the 5door and not a 3dr RS shell. It's a shame Renault aren't backing them, but maybe it'll open RUK's eyes up to the possibility of some more backing for the BTCC. It would be good to see them getting more involved like Honda are with the Team Dynamics guys.

It makes sense for Renault to get behind the BTCC a little more, now that its dropped WSR from the UK (seemingly indefinitely). I like the way that at Oulton forums like CivInfo get special parking up on the hill looking down on craner curves. Maybe if Renault get more involved in the BTCC it would be possible for us to get something sorted for next year?

Apparently 5dr is more suited and easier to work from.

I suppose with them being an independent it's all going to come down to ease of fabrication and cost. But the 3dr would have looked a hell of a lot better, and sometimes you can't put a price on a good image.