Rigid collar mod as seen on Masa's thread

lmfao i can think of better things to spend my money on, what is the point of these anyway?

helps bolt the subframe more ridigly to the chassis in effect

if they were say £50 then a worth while mod but for nearly £200 its taking the p*** :poke:

I just want someone to get some and prove us all wrong and to find out like masa did!!! But yes £400 for a full set is a lot of dosh!

I just want someone to get some and prove us all wrong and to find out like masa did!!! But yes £400 for a full set is a lot of dosh!

Hmm..the way the suppliers priced it the 200 quid was for a full set!
Still steep thou..

I like the idea behind this however I aren't willing pay £400 for 4 washers and no evidence that it gives significant improvements. Frankly I would weld it up and deal with the consequences at a later date...

That car is being built by SPOON.

I'd guess then that they DO infact make some difference. Spoon aren't known for being sh!te...

If it stops cabin squeaks then that alone could be a good incentive.. if they were 50 quid thats alot more feasible.

Having just watched the video on their website the idea behind them does seem very reasonable, the 'welding' or spreading effect their alloy has might be their justification for the high price... although Im sure any soft alu alloy is going to spread out that little bit anyway..

Last edited:
What if, say 10 of us chipped in to buy one full set and then one of us could take them to a machine shop to have them copied at a considerably cheaper price?

I think it might be worth emailing them...

Just need the dimensions really, but I suppose they wouldn't be too hard to work out from Clio boltsizes etc.

Surely it won't be THAT hard to replicate the design... It's essentially a washer with an un-tapped nut in the middle of it made from soft aluminium.

They won't be mega cheap to have made up in a machine shop due to the tight tolerances, will be a lot cheaper than £200 though!

just a question regarding these 'rigid collars'.

once you use them and say you unbolt wouldn't they be un-reusable? from the website it seems to imply that the collars will deform when tightened.

What if, say 10 of us chipped in to buy one full set and then one of us could take them to a machine shop to have them copied at a considerably cheaper price?

be careful here.....there something called "interlectual property rights" (ip) and you can get taken to court for breaking it!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LOCKE Interior and Audio 6
Marsch Clio General Chat 20
Willis Group Buys/Discounts 4
jakehewitt Suspension, Brakes & Steering 1