RS200 Newbie

Richardg27

Paid Member
I have just bought my first RS200 after wanting one for a while. I plan to do a few track days with it, and any advice would be greatly appreciated. In terms of which company to book through and what sort of prep work to do to my car.
It’s a FF Cup chassis with Recaro trim. It seems pretty standard apart from the black alloys.
Not the best photo, I will take some more soon.

Attachments

• A6990DEF-E8DE-4406-AF19-0722AC492974.jpeg
    A6990DEF-E8DE-4406-AF19-0722AC492974.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 46
Reactions: lewishunter98
Welcome to the club fella , few people get the Clio cup racer wheels , mine is the same as yours but white but kept it standard.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: Richardg27
Welcome along.

As for which company to book through a lot of that will come down to whereabouts you are in the country / what track in particular you’re looking at and what your budget is - you’ll probably just have to shop around a bit and see. For me being up north I’ve only used Javelin so far as they tend to run most of the events this way and they’ve been fine so far. Opentrack get lots of great reviews from what I’ve seen if they’re running any near to you, sensible prices and you get all the normal extras thrown in for free.

Car prep will be different depending on how experienced you are with trackdays really. If you’re new to them you’ll probably be best with just making sure all the mechanicals are good (I’d say make sure you’ve got decent brake pads fitted though) and then upgrading/changing as and when you feel the need.

Welcome aboard. Good pads and good tyres are all you need to start with then build from there

Thanks for the welcome and advice.
I’ve just done the brakes, that was my first job. I’ve fitted new Brembo discs on the front and Brembo pads all round. I am not sure if they are the best pad choice, but unfortunately I fitted them before posting on here.
Do most people transport their cars to the track day or drive them there? I was thinking of initially hiring a trailer especially if travelling over 100 miles to a track.
Peter, I am in the north too, based in Newcastle, so I’ll probably try Croft first.

Ah another local, I’m in Cramlington. Got my first track day of the year booked at Croft on the 1st of March if you fancy it. I think there’s a bit of a mix on here between people who drive or tow - I personally drive. As for them pads, I’ve never tried them on track but I’ve heard people say they aren’t up to it but I’m sure they’ll manage a few laps though in between cool downs.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L New Members 0
atkin92 New Members 22
S New Members 5
R New Members 16
enzo599 New Members 7