Timing belt : check
Tensioners : check
Water pump : check
Dephaser : check
New Coolent : check
Full service : check

Pleased that it's all done now
My mind is a bit more at rest.

On the trip front I set the cruise control at 70 and let it drive.
It manged 34.5 mpg.
Just over quater of a tank from Shrewsbury to Leeds I'm chuffed with that if I'm honest.

Next thing is get all the dics and calipers sorted out.

Can anyone recommend a place to rebuild/paint calipers?

Pez

Reactions: suj and ///M
Good to get the preventative maintenance out the way mate. Not exciting like mods/upgrades but much more essential.

Will keep eye on replies to your Calipers question as I'm in need as well.

Reactions: RSPez
it's good to see that its found a good home mate, looks like it had a rough ride with the owner in between us.

it's good to see that its found a good home mate, looks like it had a rough ride with the owner in between us.

Cheers mate, I think it's two owners since you and I.

Im running in to a few problems (maybe because I am picky)
I need to do all calipers,discs and pads.
I think one of the lamba/o2 sensors is dead.
Ball joints on arms
Front sub frame
And even tho it's been done by last owner I think the gearbox is started crunching in fourth gear.

We will get there tho.

Ball joints on arms
Front sub frame
And even tho it's been done by last owner I think the gearbox is started crunching in fourth gear.

We will get there tho.
jeez that's a bit of list there like :/ hope you manage to get sorted :smile:

Ball joints on arms
Front sub frame

We will get there tho.

In regards to gearbox, this could just need some new gearbox oil, I'd do this first before assuming the syncro is faulty.

In regards to gearbox, this could just need some new gearbox oil, I'd do this first before assuming the syncro is faulty.

Thanks a lot I will get some on order later today, I'm not driving it this weekend so fingers crossed.

jeez that's a bit of list there like :/ hope you manage to get sorted :smile:

It is a list but the colour keeps me wanting to get it sorted. As its a non cup, I'm thinking about not going for the "red calipers" just to mix it up a bit and I like to be diffrent.

Pez

yeah i tried to find a storm grey one, but there isn't any about with low miles now :worried:

yeah I'd stay away from red, like you say thats the cup colour :smile:

yeah i tried to find a storm grey one, but there isn't any about with low miles now :worried:

yeah I'd stay away from red, like you say thats the cup colour :smile:

Mines on 54,044k
Bought it on 51.800k on November the 4/5th November.
So Iv done 2244 miles in four months.
So fingers crossed it will stay pretty low Milage but I love driving it.
It's a quick fun little car :smile:

Bit of an update.

Iv messaged Brake calliper specilists this week to get a quote on having all
Callipers rebuilt and painted a diffrent colour.
Just want to ask for your thoughts on the quote.

1c34cd32-8c32-4820-9198-54d23c1ac370_zpseh9x7yn0.gif

As for discs and pads, Iv had a read though the forum, I'm pretty sure I will go for the brembo HC fronts, do they do HC for the rears?

Pads wise Ferodo DS1.11 or Ds2500??
Yet to look at brake fluid but I want something which is used on standard cars or better.

Iv also order some gearbox oil.
Elf tranself NFP 75w80, Iv checked it works for the Clio gearbox.

Pez

Last edited:
I had
Bit of an update.

Iv messaged Brake calliper specilists this week to get a quote on having all
Callipers rebuilt and painted a diffrent colour.
Just want to ask for your thoughts on the quote.

EDCB1C49-103E-40AF-AA73-B2BC2D7238AB_zps3kkrivii.gif

As for discs and pads, Iv had a read though the forum, I'm pretty sure I will go for the brembo HC fronts, do they do HC for the rears?

Pads wise Ferodo DS1.11 or Ds2500??
Yet to look at brake fluid but I want something which is used on standard cars or better.

Iv also order some gearbox oil.
Elf tranself NFP 75w80, Iv checked it works for the Clio gearbox.

Pez
I had a similar quote minus some of the service items. By umming and ahhing a bit they offered me a one day only price with a fairly decent discount so it may be worth emailing them to say thanks for the quote, you're really not sure and will be getting some other quotes, is that the best price you can do. In the end I just bought new calipers for a lot less than your quote.

I had

I had a similar quote minus some of the service items. By umming and ahhing a bit they offered me a one day only price with a fairly decent discount so it may be worth emailing them to say thanks for the quote, you're really not sure and will be getting some other quotes, is that the best price you can do. In the end I just bought new calipers for a lot less than your quote.

And thats the crux of it isnt it.

Christ that is some money for a refurb and a paint. When you can buy a full seal kit for £12 a caliper for example.......

Bit of an update.

As some of you no I'm having trouble with brake callipers and gearbox oil at the moment.
Long story short.
Iv ordered new callipers for all four corners as it works out the same price to get them refurbished.
Small issue with the callipers one of the tears are not in stock so just waiting on that.
Finally got a reply for the company and they are hopeful that next week they will be Sent.

With the gearbox oil. I ordered via eBay and made sure it was the correct oil for the TL4 and received the incorrect oil. Had a chat and I agreed to send it back have a refund and I ordered though there actual website. Again the oil is the same as last and incorrect.
Im thinking about going with another company and just selling this oil I have as I don't want to send it back again.

At the moment I just feel like this is a moan fest and not much is going on with my project/progress.

Anyway to brighten it up a little. Here is a picture :smile:

1B89FFDD-AD61-465A-8252-90CB5A190BFF_zpsry9y5hvg.gif

Pez

Last edited:
Bit of an update.

As some of you no I'm having trouble with brake callipers and gearbox oil at the moment.
Long story short.
Iv ordered new callipers for all four corners as it works out the same price to get them refurbished.
Small issue with the callipers one of the tears are not in stock so just waiting on that.
Finally got a reply for the company and they are hopeful that next week they will be Sent.

With the gearbox oil. I ordered via eBay and made sure it was the correct oil for the TL4 and received the incorrect oil. Had a chat and I agreed to send it back have a refund and I ordered though there actual website. Again the oil is the same as last and incorrect.
Im thinking about going with another company and just selling this oil I have as I don't want to send it back again.

At the moment I just feel like this is a moan fest and not much is going on with my project/progress.

Anyway to brighten it up a little. Here is a picture :smile:

72932767-0BBC-4436-9CF1-B40BAE63B287_zpsmttgbhoh.gif

Your turning into me with a moan then a picture :smile:

Sooooo bloody frustrating isnt it (I've just replied on your gearbox oil thread).

Lovely pic though. And after-all. Its these cars that keep us sane and smiling :smile:

Best of luck sorting your 'issues' quickly !

Your turning into me with a moan then a picture :smile:

Sooooo bloody frustrating isnt it (I've just replied on your gearbox oil thread).

Lovely pic though. And after-all. Its these cars that keep us sane and smiling :smile:

Best of luck sorting your 'issues' quickly !

I'm 30 next month, I have decided I am a moaning old git :wink:

Yeah it's a good job it's a good looking car else it would have gone by now.

I have just read the oil tread. Thanks.

Pez

Bit of an update.

So after all the waiting Rofag came thought and I received my calipers
Just need to send them away now for paint.
Iv also bought some Mr pink pins.
Need to order some discs and pads.

54930D3E-AE90-4833-BF2B-22F30A6623AF_zps8rkqxamk.gif

2B77114A-41CE-496E-83E8-B898AC74F75F_zpsst2rgrao.gif

C06D0E9E-5055-45BF-8FC3-29FC87E9A5CA_zpsfqw8p0fw.gif

Iv changed over the reversing light switch but they still arnt working and still saying select nutral when my foots on the brake. So it's a clutch start.
Has anyone got a fuse board diagram with listed fuses. Maybe I missed one.

Blade is not siting properly on the from bumper because the thread that holds it each side dosnt exist.

Gearbox oil has been changed but I still have a crunch going in to forth gear.
There is a lot of play in the gearstick 2cm back and 1cm to the side) now so wondering if this could be the issue?? Will be having a look at this at some point as it dosnt feel direct like when I bought it? Worn bush?.

I'm not really having much luck with the the car and I have thought about selling it on and buying another in a different colour.

Pez

Last edited:
Reactions: ///M and Gordini
Status
Not open for further replies.