Scratch repair

I have recently got my car back from the garage and it has a new scratch which I'm furious about, I argued the case it was their fault but they just denied it and said it was there already! My word against there's!

Anyway, any advise for getting out deep scratches/know a decent company that would be able to get rid? It's gone all the way through the paint!

its not a great pic

https://imageshack.com/i/p1HEu6Stj

thanks
tom

Yeah, i can feel my nail in it, any idea of potential pricing?

I wouldn't want any smart repair doing on the boot lid. I'd expect the rear windscreen would need to be removed to paint the full boot lid to a good standard. Potential pricing in the £175 - £250 bracket - based on body shops I've used.

That's a full panel repaint to fully loose it, my experience of smart repairs is that it will stand out like a sore thumb.

Really sorry to hear this mate, no wonder you're so angry! I suppose it is your word against theirs, however if you feel strongly enough about it, then maybe you should take it further, not give in so easily? I know it would be hard to prove that it was them, but why give in at the first stage.

Yeah, I'm going to have a look into how to take it further i think, because this is just another bill on what is an extremely expensive month

Should take it up further with the garage owner/manager.

If its an expensive month you could leave it for a while, its annoying I know but not a nescesity. However doing this you will probaly loose any chance of the garage chipping in.

yeah, i think I'm just going to fill it in with some black paint for the time being (need to focus on the crack in my manifold). i feel like the garage is just going to say it wasn't their fault. Im so grateful for all the replies though, its nice being part of something like this. Also even though the Clio has cost me so much lately, i still can't even think about selling it, i love it too much!!:thumbup1:

Great news, really glad to hear that. Just goes to show that sometimes it is worth pursuing them :wink: