Seat options

Just bought myself a 197, belts been done rear calipers replaced brand new flex pipe
Front suspension is recent and body work mint,

So it ticked all the boxes after doing research.. only bad points are seats, steering wheel and gear nob.

I'm on the hunt for a new gear nob and if I can't find a wheel I'll have it retrimmed...

However I'm struggling with what to do about seats..
I want recaros
Trendline or sportster ideally but also like corsa vxr seats... It's what I can put my hands on quickly as the ripped seats are driving me crazy...

Can anyone give me advice on what to do... unless there out a 197 I will need subframes and what about wiring anyone done this and remember what to do..

Many thanks

Gear knob options are typically laguna v6, clio v6 (stupidly expensive) or renault sports... http://www.clio197.net/threads/genuine-renaultsport-gear-knob.60839/

Royal is definitely the place to go for steering wheel retrims... http://royalsteeringwheels.com/renault/

Recaro's were sportster CS options, the clio ones were fabric and megane ones leather, either can fit without too much fuss but beware recaros are like having a problem child. They wear like crazy, often need repair (if not done already) and they're not cheap! That being said I couldn't stop myself from getting some, lol. :yum:

Reactions: Shannon larmour
There is none of sportsters ones for sale that I can find... there is a set of black/blue trendlines that would look nice because the car is blue, i have trendlines in my 172 turbo so i like the look and comfort of them,

The ones for sale are out 182 so not sure how I would get them to fit, and how they would wire up,

There is also a nice set of vxr recaros for sale but again not sure how I would get them to fit and do the wiring

As you've seen someone fitted trendlines into a mk3 recently, I'm not so keen myself they look a bit out of place to me. I also had trendlines in my 182 and found them to be a better seat but maybe a bit more uncomfortable...

The only wiring to them is the airbag, so other than getting seat rails to fit you might need to bodge the wiring or do without side airbags...

Given the option I'd consider the vxr seats over trendlines, somebody's probably done it before.