Sprint my 197

Hi all,
New member Dec here, Just bought a 2008 197 for the wife to use but we also intend to use it for sprinting at our local track (Curborough) I'm not a fan of French cars but they do come recommended for sprinting.

This will be new for us as a couple, I've raced motorbikes and jetski's in my younger years but now want to do something we can both participate in.

Some advise would be good from those that know like:-
1. What is a good choice of road tyre that performs well in the dry on the track?
2. Is it worth doing anything to the suspension and what?
3. I've heard that the inlet & exhaust manifold ports are not well mached to the head, is it worth me doing this.
4. Does a free flow panel filter make any difference?
5. Anyone selling anything that will improve performance or braking? PM detail & prices please.

Thanks in advance.
Dec

welcome along...

1. yokos ad08 r

2. is it a cup??if it is then you may want to leave it for now and see how you like the suspension..

3. again..if all is ok i would leave it be as theres no power gain

4. no but for 20 quid you cant go wrong with an aftermarket one..

5. @trackspec197

hope it helps

Reactions: trackspec197
welcome along...

2. is it a cup??if it is then you may want to leave it for now and see how you like the suspension..

Hi, Thanks for the info, No it's not a Cup, whats the difference in the suspension between the two, lower...harder???

Cup suspension is lower & firmer. Cup chassis also has a (slightly) quicker steering rack.
If you don't want the expense of coilovers yet I am using Cooksport springs which are lower still, compliant on the road, but car corners much flatter when pushing on. I'm happy with them. Others prefer H&R, which are firmer still, some say crashy for road use, but personal preference really. Grams springs also popular.

Last edited: