Steering Rack

Just dropped the car off.. fingers crossed. Could really be doing without a costly repair at the moment with a full cambelt service and years road tax next month!

Lol

Renault couldnt "find" anything up with mine...for 18months.

I push and push and push. Get column fitted. Still complain. Fit rack. Find that bearings in hub seized.

Lol

Renault couldnt "find" anything up with mine...for 18months.

I push and push and push. Get column fitted. Still complain. Fit rack. Find that bearings in hub seized.

This wasn't Renault, I took it to a local garage who are quite reputable down this way. The guy who runs it was an ex Euro Rallycross champion and knows his stuff.

This wasn't Renault, I took it to a local garage who are quite reputable down this way. The guy who runs it was an ex Euro Rallycross champion and knows his stuff.

Don't Rallycross drivers normally have a team of mechanics.

It's like sending your car the Jenson Button to be repaired - yes he can drive, but does he know how to fix it? I doubt it!

Twingo rs has been in the dealers today and has been diagnosed with a faulty steering rack. However, the steering rack is on back order, fantastic. Extended warranty has paid for itself 4 times over with the amount of issues that keep occuring.....

Lower universal joint was replaced a few months ago but didn't cure the knock when moving the wheel from left to right, and when going over bumps in the road.

sorry to revive this older thread, but seemed to be the most discussed and accurate.
looking to replace my steering rack in my 197, does the sub frame have to be dropped or can it be done without doing so?
Cheers

sorry to revive this older thread, but seemed to be the most discussed and accurate.
looking to replace my steering rack in my 197, does the sub frame have to be dropped or can it be done without doing so?
Cheers
You'll need to drop it mate. Could easily get away without dropping it fully (letting it hang) but you'll need to bring it down somewhat.

Essentially loosen everything but leave the wishbones connected to the hub and you'll have plenty of room

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Saxx0510