The Definitive What Exhaust Do You Have Thread...

What's Your System?

• Oreca- £480

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Miltek- £530

Votes: 59 11.0%
  • Custom

Votes: 38 7.1%
  • Standard

Votes: 199 37.1%
  • TDF (Race)- £476

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • TDF (Road)- £456

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Yozzasport

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Supersprint

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Akropovic (Slip-On)- £930

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Akropovic (Full System)- £1092

Votes: 79 14.7%
  • K-Tec (1 Rear Silencers)

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • K-Tec (2 Rear Silencers)- £445

Votes: 45 8.4%
  • Standard (Centre-Selincer Removed)- £40->£60

Votes: 50 9.3%
  • Piper- £600

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Bastuck- £570

Votes: 3 0.6%

• Total voters
The static limit is 101dB right? How did you do with the drive by limit as that's what i'm worried about?

Yeah 101 I'm sure, never black flagged or warned, so my guess is that it was pretty clear below...I was worried about it too!

Reactions: DS197
Ladies and gents, having read through the entire thread with interest. 2 questions:

1) Any videos if a resonated Milltek on a standard system, no decats?
2) Anyone weighed the standard system after removing to work out a weight? Cant seem to find that.

Is anybody running a scorpion resonated with a decat pipe? Interested to hear what it's like on the motorway and how bad the drone is.

I’m looking at getting at cat-back for my 200 soon but can’t decide between Scorpion res, Ktec or Milltek res systems. What’s best?

Hi guys, I’ve been looking at options for exhausts as I’d like to save some weight, free up some performance and have a little more noise. I’m not looking for anything too drony/loud and the exhaust which seems to tick all these boxes is the Akrapovic. I’m also looking at a custom exhaust which comes with a lifetime guarantee but the quotes I’ve received aren’t much less than the Akra. After reading through the forum I’ve come across a few posts where people had issues with the baffles going on the resonator and the rear boxes. Is this a common issue as it appears?

Thanks for any info…

Hi guys, I’ve been looking at options for exhausts as I’d like to save some weight, free up some performance and have a little more noise. I’m not looking for anything too drony/loud and the exhaust which seems to tick all these boxes is the Akrapovic. I’m also looking at a custom exhaust which comes with a lifetime guarantee but the quotes I’ve received aren’t much less than the Akra. After reading through the forum I’ve come across a few posts where people had issues with the baffles going on the resonator and the rear boxes. Is this a common issue as it appears?

Thanks for any info…

I've seen maybe one post in the past about the baffles going in someones Akra and they got the system replaced for free through Akrapovic themselves I believe (It was quite a long time ago so can't be 100% sure) I've had mine on for about 2 and half years with no issues and I bought it second hand.

There are plenty of good options available Scorpion etc, I would suggest listening to one in person as I've seen people love a system and other people hate the same one.

Highly rate my Akra though and the quality is second to none. If you can justify the money then go for it

They are spoken of very highly, after reading reports of 4 baffles going on this site it just made me wonder... one member said his mid silencer went twice and rear once, another's friend bought one and it started rattling the next day. I plan on keeping the 197 for the life of the car so a high end exhaust is something I'd consider, I'd expect it to last quite a while though. The reports of the Akrapovic being a perfect fit, civilized at low speeds and giving the highest gains without needing a remap is what makes me think it may be the best option.

They are spoken of very highly, after reading reports of 4 baffles going on this site it just made me wonder... one member said his mid silencer went twice and rear once, another's friend bought one and it started rattling the next day. I plan on keeping the 197 for the life of the car so a high end exhaust is something I'd consider, I'd expect it to last quite a while though. The reports of the Akrapovic being a perfect fit, civilized at low speeds and giving the highest gains without needing a remap is what makes me think it may be the best option.

The thing to remember is you only see people complain if they have problems, so how many people have NOT had problems. I’ve only had mine on just under a year but so far it’s great, quiet when you want it to be and noisy (but not stupid loud) when you want noise. It also pops and crackles like mad when it’s hot.

Depending on where you are it may be worth waiting a little while if you’re going for one. RS Tuning ran a deal last year coming up to Christmas where if you bought one they remapped the car for free. Doesn’t mean they’ll do it again but it’s worth waiting a few weeks to see.

That's true, online reviews can make it seem unbalanced although I'd say the reviews are still firmly in favour of the Akrapovic.

It's a shame there's a 3 month wait for one. I guess they're waiting for more people to order before cooking up the next batch, or just very busy. Judging by the reviews I'm sure it's worth the wait...

Last edited:
For me it really is akrapovic or standard. Had an akrapovic on my old one which was okay(not worth the money imo but I paid 600 second hand) for my current one I bought a scorpion which I imagine sounds similar to other after market cat backs and just sounded horrendous. Went back to standard with Ktec induction kit best thing I did

Akrapovic here
slmO8On.jpg

eAyT4G6.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 19Zen and Beany
Afternoon Gents

Has anyone tried a drone delete resonator tube?

Yes, built a resonator tube (j-pipe) to cancel the drone around 3200 rpm and it works but only from 3100 to 3300 rpm. Such a j-pipe works great but ONLY within a narrow rpm range. The maths for calculating the length are not very complicated and can be easily be found on the net.

1591046114405.jpeg

If you want to widen the rpm range to cancel the drone, a Heimholtz resonator (just google it and you'll see what i mean) is better but that requires more space which is difficult to find around the exhaust and is also somewhat more difficult to calculate.

I finally removed the j-pipe because the drone was still there above and below 3200 rpm and replaced the pipe and resonator by the biggest dampers I could fit. These are straight through dampers but loosely packed which leaves enough space for the sound waves to scatter around and have some heimholtz resonator effect; the size of the dampers lowered the also decibels and this combination made the exhaust drone sound acceptabel again.

IMG_3984.jpg

The exhaust drone came after replacing the backbox with two dampers 'in-line':

IMG_3902.jpg

Posted this pictures before under 'Proud of my new back exhaust system'

Cheers!