The Definitive What Wheels Thread...

Hi all!
I'm looking for a new set of wheels for the track. I'm currently using Ultraleggeras and I'm wondering - is there anything lighter available?
Size options I can consider are as follows:
17*8j, ET 35-55
Any advise is highly appreciated. Also, would be very interesing to hear what wheels would you choose specifically for track.
Thanks!

never seen these posted here, and they do look great, I just bought a 2nd hand set in white - awaiting delivery, 17x7 et50 but can be ordered with et 55 as well. BRAID FULLRACE A - they are a bit cheaper than the ultraleggeras as well and weigh 8kg each according to the manufacturers website, I will weigh them when they arrive to compare with the standard R27.

12181826604_e3663bd12f_b.jpg

[MENTION=18]skny[/MENTION] ... those braid wheels are made to order. 7x17, 8x17, 8x18 would all fit on our clio's. best part is, you can choose the ET.
i bought the fullrace R (7x17 ET47). that's the wheel renault uses on the new rally clio R3T. not the prettiest or lightest, but massively strong.

here's a spanish clio with fullrace A 8x18's ...

26857040460_8e1cfc1bb5_b.jpg

27131505045_89f4f0f3f8_b.jpg

Peter, yes they are made to order, still cheaper than the ultraleggeras :smile: the package with my rims arrived today, left them at the wheel repair shop for them to check if they are ok, car is going in for bodywork tomorrow anyway so wont put them on sooner than the first week of june, will post pics up. Peter that pic is BRAID WINRACE, the FULLRACE A has less spokes which are a bit bigger,

Fullrace A in a 17 x 8 look good, 8.7kg each. Only £133 plus VAT. How much does the equivelant OZ weight?!

[MENTION=52790]pdd144c[/MENTION] ... 8x17 ultra's weigh 7.7kg. alleggerita's only 7.0kg.
[MENTION=18]skny[/MENTION] ... you're right. those are the winrace wheels.

couldn't believe how much cheaper the braids were compared to the oz's. and that for a custom made rim. two more reasons why i bought them ... no fouling around with aluminum or plastic spigot rings and they come with steel bolt inserts. where did you get yours from?

[MENTION=52367]R27SG[/MENTION] do they still run spigots? Or can you actually get them with the correct centre bore?

[MENTION=52367]R27SG[/MENTION] do they still run spigots? Or can you actually get them with the correct centre bore?
[MENTION=52790]pdd144c[/MENTION] hi the shop included the spigot for me with the correct centre bore. The shop claim to be original from OZ. btw i am running 5x114.3. Different from original spec.

I don't want to run spigots though, they always melt. None of the UK dealers seem to be interested in selling custom wheels...

I don't want to run spigots though, they always melt. None of the UK dealers seem to be interested in selling custom wheels...

i've mentioned this before, but not many seem to care ... anyway, go braid : http://www.braid.es/wheels/ . they're custom made. which means you choose colour, width, diameter, center bore, pcd and most importantly off set. maybe not the prettiest and also not the lightest, but since they're competition wheels super strong. and best of all, they won't break the bank.

Does look like they are potentially the best option [MENTION=50736]peter[/MENTION], or perhaps ATS DTC if the offset goes high enough. Anything will be lighter than the 17 X 8 Speedlines I'm currently running!

Does look like they are potentially the best option @peter, or perhaps ATS DTC if the offset goes high enough. Anything will be lighter than the 17 X 8 Speedlines I'm currently running!

[MENTION=52790]pdd144c[/MENTION] ... i know the ATS GTR in 8X17 has an ET of 57 (OZ ultra's have ET55). don't know if the DTC is available in that same size. ATS wheels are expensive though ...