Trackcar II

Hey my name is thomas from germany. Perhaps someone knows my white clio which I crashed 2015 at nordschleife exit fuchsröhre :smiley:

Now a pair of pictures of the white ph2.

comp1lvg1fo9qms.jpg

here you can see the cracked seat rail. In this episode, I have also suffered the head injuries, despite Helm.

comp3a40s27kjpq.jpg

comp4bouyg3s01c.jpg

comp56dam9nf72r.jpg

After the insurance for four weeks has been a bit difficult to send a reviewer came this then on 2.7. and estimated the replacement value realistically high, which pleased me very much. The residual value, however, was astonishingly high.
Still, I decided to keep the car. A short time after a suitable successor was searched for, until Sven wrote to me. Ab picked up in the Westerwald and the cart.
So now for the conversion

comp6g1rxy9q7np.jpg

At first, all the decals had to be from me personally so not at all.

comp7cbg4dvkqr5.jpg

After that the whole car was actually taken apart to save more weight. The engine bearings were converted and the air conditioning and the radio flew out.

comp8hjvzsqu9r0.jpg

comp94kgspu6n0w.jpg

Unfortunately, in the course of which was once again revealed Fusch am KFZ. Three times you can guess who has the temple for Sven has installed. Me Was bad when I saw this, the underbody protection was not removed before welding so that this became porous, as well as was welded diletantisch. The pictures show the situation nach !!! clean and sand. Just do not understand how you can build such a measure on strange cars. With its own car it may be left to everyone ...

comp10fu4w76xi0m.jpg

comp11y89zmhcogw.jpg

It was screwed every afternoon so that the goal in 20 days of the car finished did not fall into arrears.

comp120cgek65pn3.jpg

In the next few days, rims were procured:

comp138vwiacyk5h.jpg

comp148fks1tp35z.jpg

In the interior, the first owner has designed adventurous cable trees. Unbelievable what you sometimes get to see.

comp15at109wkmv2.jpg

comp16tj9y6ghmbo.jpg

comp17z80k9iugn2.jpg

Of course much of the old car was taken over, as well as the studs:

comp18u9fpntsib1.jpg

comp19ajfi93c04m.jpg

The drillings for the six-point belts were made. Most of the work was of course again the removal of the underbody protection.

comp20b1z07omqsp.jpg

comp21k421fnbsup.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Sean197
In the interior, it ran parallel to it. The steering wheel was replaced, the moldings changed, other shells installed and the door panels were installed. On the muttering came so much to the day: D
The black has unfortunately a very high equipment level, which is why you had to worry about some cables extra long.

comp22zs7lixtegf.jpg

comp23w85apoy3jg.jpg

comp2443ke1ac9ri.jpg

comp258hbo2te6zu.jpg

comp26ogi0naex1l.jpg

Space for the 92mm brake ventilation! The mop has been flown out. in the near future a few Pretty Lauftleitblese will be produced which come to the stub axle.

comp27ndgxja85ru.jpg

The rims were cleaned, old weights and glue removed. The old 03G came down and the tried and tested RE 070 was pulled up. The vehicle on the picture is by the way a 120 Defender with Recaro Sportster Cs and Steering Wheel, nice part: whistling:

comp28lsk4mhoc7j.jpg

comp29dk15i40qno.jpg

In the end it was waiting for KW. Then something was done against the stupid sun and for the fall: thumbsup:

comp30x9amdyqgus.jpg

comp315z14bk9vxd.jpg

comp32ofnehc8ukm.jpg

Now he stood there. Almost done, for the ring it was enough and yesterday the seat position, brake as well as setup could be carefully tested once!

comp33xkh8r54gqn.jpg

comp34cyz74lebqt.jpg

comp35zme2951isw.jpg

comp36h0s1u5y37i.jpg

Joa. Those were 20 grueling days. There were many complications due to the age or the winter operation of the Clios in the conversion, many screwed connections had to be renewed or solved for a long time. Now come still a few small things, maybe I polish the days the car times and will high-quality detail recordings.
I hope the description you liked. This time I have unfortunately made very few ..

Reactions: suj and Sean197
Today again the brake ventilation somewhat improved.
Are the first prototypes and actually developed for the Mini, but also fit the Clio quite well.
Could go soon for a couple around the 30 € in series, if interest exists.
In the pictures one sees the Feiderbein naturally relieved. For this, of course, a ventilating tube should be placed in the wheel house: whistling:

imag04901cui3pagry.jpg

imag04920lt4j3d2kp.jpg

imag0491jn5lwam6y9.jpg

imag0493krdsql5xgu.jpg

imag0494iw5xopgyen.jpg

so friends

On Monday was milled in laborious work.

imag1566jxt7owfcuq.jpg

imag1568cke9o05bzy.jpg

imag15938bqlgn7tca.jpg

imag1594syte8obxa6.jpg

Not to have handed the white car at that time is always paid again.

imag1596ic3uhrt1al.jpg

The preparations for the airbox conversion are actually finished. Positions for the compensating containers are found. Now only brackets are made and I'm done.
I myself did not mill these components. At all, the expansion tank is a bit tricky and takes a lot of time. I hope it will be worth it: T:

so es ging weiter.

Ich stand vor der Frage wie ich den Polstecker am besten und am platzsparensten verstauene kann. Damals hatte ich dafür einfach einen großen Schaltkasten genommen, jetzt sollte er kleiner sein und vorallem flacher.
Da ich nirgends etwas in 9x9x3cm gefunden habe kam ich auf die idee einen Notizzettelspender zu nehmen. Der Vorteil war, dass an einer Seite schon eine Öffnung vorhanden war und er schwarz war :tongueout:
Wir haben also einen Grundsockel gefräst und dann mit zwei Stehbolzen den Deckel aufgesetzt, an der Öffnung habe ich noch etwas schaumstoff zur besseren abdichtung verklebt.

8njl947s.jpg

4rml6c7h.jpg

8f5pypp8.jpg

In addition, a holder for the Aibox has been milled as low as possible. The fuse boxes were lightened and cut into the lock carrier.
The rubber guide from the original intake (rear of the brake booster) fits perfectly on the nipple of the Carbonairbox, which makes it very easy to use this.
All parts have been screwed into the existing thread of the gearbox bracket.

lt99wffm.jpg

xkwo2cnw.jpg

Now only the water balance tank is missing. This is mounted above the engine mount, is from Clio 2 RS.

jvjw68xp.jpg

a4ng4tbj.jpg

I have also completely rebuilt the motor bearings on Vibratec: D

l76mh2ur.jpg

tnjcmqyx.jpg

j9or4bxu.jpg

rn54ze2i.jpg

here again a few pictures in the employment.

the front part of the track was slightly broadened, the diffuser was hung higher, and cut-outs were cut for the rear wheel house. Is currently badly in the trend.
Oh yes, the roadrunner is alsoh again in the car: D
AR1 are ready. Furthermore, extension sleeves for the steering geometry of custom-racetec.de are waiting for installation.

kbw2tlrj.jpg

wzotgwg6.jpg

zwbbrnhe.jpg

fhjllfez.jpg

uvtfdbo3.jpg

zgdvjjj5.jpg

hg9vuk59.jpg

2bkalifn.jpg

z6f8y4pv.jpg

bgukk429.jpg

adet7r5k.jpg

ssrfq9oa.jpg

ylldno78.jpg

6vluf7qe.jpg

Reactions: suj
long nothing more. I had used the last two weeks of vacation and the time productive.
I once polished the work ethic and the Clio once. Washing, washing, baking, washing, polishing, polishing, fine polishing, sealing. All in all was and I am very satisfied with the result, however, I exaggerated it with the kneading and partial additional scratches in the paint which I also no longer rausbekomme XD naja seis drum the color depth is definitely in any case back.
Oh yes new toyos are also on it. The nankangs were not at all usable.

r98dc3w9.jpg

zw9hz36b.jpg

439gnxew.jpg

4f2zpysx.jpg

5l8494ba.jpg

y7ge2dou.jpg

In addition, we have finished our surveying stand with turntables and I have of course also built for the Clio a cord stand which can be screwed tightly and simply with the body
so that you do not have to re-align the cord every time (you have to control them anyway)

nsrrq9a9.jpg

plge2kdt.jpg

2pybb9xw.jpg

56zdjxe8.jpg

Joa. After the adjustment was vigorously tested and also the extension sleeves for the steering felt well. Even now I show my girlfriend the line, but can not take long to drive me away: whistling:

wb5sos9p.jpg

oe5tfv9v.jpg

Then came the last Thursday, unfortunately, an incident. In the cozy roll, the 5th gear in the Kesselchen area took its leave. At first I thought it was that Ausstücklager, however, I came on Friday to the conclusion that it is rather a capital drive damage.
Be the first. The parts for the revision of the new 003er gearbox are already ordered and if necessary, I will also exchange the individual gearboxes so that the transmission is somewhat shorter.

etgf7str.jpg

rai3js32.jpg

baydvhpf.jpg

8fem6teu.jpg

mhln3zdj.jpg

ensu799k.jpg

8weg6tvd.jpg

For the coming season, I've got a trailer!

8gaa3sg5.jpg

For the winter, I had planned to save a little superfluous weight. So I thrown out the dashboard and removed the heater box.
With the cooling water hose from the Cupclio it works quite well.

mbwz4fzy.jpg

The heating box weighs only 7kg, of course, the control panel and the piping falls away.

After that I started to reduce the wiring harness to the minimum.
I'm still not quite finished with the dashboard wiring harness.

t8wbd5po.jpg

jfq2vlla.jpg

wdbscejt.jpg

The airbags in the steering wheel as well as on the passenger side are also flown out, which I have not even weighed ...

pucegnv3.jpg

the dashboard wiring harness I then rather rather completely expanded since the colleague is a bit unclear.
In between there was always a small check if everything still works: whistling:

s3s7gxze.jpg

Almost at the end I saved 4.5 kg cable.

pxlzbo6j.jpg

On the carrier of the dashboard was also the one or other bridge became superfluous.
The part I then painted on the occasion also directly, since one will see it later on the side probably.

4icu9mhr.jpg

The breakthroughs in the front wall, I first closed with aluminum plates. For the new ventilation, I'll probably use the breakthrough top right under the disc.

924jricn.jpg

it went to the bitumen mats in the car. A friend had once seen somewhere that the dinger can easily solve with dry ice. In Bonn there is a company where you get the stuff for a Human Award and so we removed yesterday at his mini and the Clio the mats. for both cars have 15KG enough.
The trouble with Clio is the mat under the roof. For this we have built a styrofoam shape so that it is possible to press the dry ice against the plate as we did not know how the lacquer would tolerate it if the ice would lie on the roof.
The dry ice should lie 5-10min on the mat so that this can then be removed without residue.

So I do not have 10 minutes to sit under the roof I have built this great construction XD

n9jgv4f5.jpg

So slowly gladly the roof then and a knocking with the fist could be solved the mat already.

vw2t3b5x.jpg

With the other mats one could listen to the ice as the mats freeze so much that they have already peeled off under loud cracking and at the end were only a few hits with the rubber hammer needed so that the mats completely from the sheet loose.

icvecgnh.jpg

jm9pr3ac.jpg

zdme9y7k.jpg

9urrefkw.jpg

Overall, I have thus saved 5KG.

suizs2ps.jpg

qufhiavs.jpg

Today I then cut out the superfluous sheets.

aumgdtbv.jpg

rdj42ksc.jpg

ro4a5daa.jpg
in total are then also about 3.5kg

xy7527ym.jpg

Here are, of course, many who now think. watt for the few kilos such an expense? Some even told me that there is nothing to bring the fuck out.
Of course, there is no relation to the yield! I love to make the car somehow still a bit better and screw it for my life.
Currently it has the 0Grad during the day. and still I almost drive the whole vacation by the car. Others bring the car to Raeder leave there a pile of money lie and have u.U. at the end still ne cart at somehow rumgefuscht was.

In the next few weeks oil pressure and temperature display, as well as a current interrupter and a voltmeter are installed. The dashboard is a bit easier and then flocked before the season.
Unfortunately I do not have enough pictures to screw. I am trying to do this in the future again more often and to report more detailed!

so went on.

I have now the dashboard wiring harness by about 2.5kg facilitated and everything continues to work up to the ZV of the driver's door.
Well, one should think is not so bad I close with the emergency key. Thats not OK. Since that lock apparently no electricity gets I iorgendwo made a mistake of the but is to fix if necessary.
The entire cable tree I have wrapped with fabric tape (with flow) by Tesa, I am absolutely freezing! The stuff is very elastic and partly it is installed in similar form already from factory.
Only the cable from the cigarette lighter and the driver's door are still open since I do not know how I should lay there or just have to put cables for the ZV again: whistling:

8hssby9z.jpg

k8hnuq6h.jpg

In addition, I just once again the holder for the fuse box to the right of the steering wheel facilitated. The strut in itself I had already shortened anyway.

ryv94ghz.jpg

8gum8uzs.jpg

lh8a6k3r.jpg

after the ZV on the driver no longer worked I have after long search in the wiring harness but then found the place. now everything works as it should and I have saved 4.95KG cable. One could still thin the motor cable tree but there is no time for that.

Because of my job, I have to work through a weekend after the other so I'm not sure if I will drive this year.
Makrolonscheiben Fußstütze, dashboard, ventilation, and oil pressure and temperature still waiting for installation or conversion.

I started with the aerocatch locks today.
it looks as follows:

k5ug3jxd.jpg

zgjs4hir.jpg

xh9zltyo.jpg

c3cwlg6n.jpg

kk5n5g9q.jpg

z8eb2kng.jpg

Meeting the hole is the biggest fumble. At the end I had to pull the hood 3mm forward so that it fits, alternatively one could have made from the holes for the studs long holes. but it also seems to work.

ohh my..took me about 3 days to read this..so impressive..do you do all the maintenance yourself??
hope there arent any more accidents on your end..the looks fantastic and bet it handles superbly too...
im quite excited for more updates..
brill job man:sean:

Reactions: peter
Have today the dashboard brought to Saarbrücken train. So it looked before, in a week I get it again.

kjishuds.jpg

75pqypzb.jpg

m8ovixdu.jpg

z2llkbir.jpg

I cut the sides of the page. Despite the "light construction" it is still to be quite clean.
On the board itself I have saved 1kg PE (ventilation nozzles etc. not included).

Today I used the first discs.
If you installed Makrolon, you save 3.5kg per door (remove the jack, put the glass in the door against Makrolon + tarermatte)

epolq62t.jpg

I picked up the dashboard last Saturday in Neukirchen near Saarbrücken. All in all, I am satisfied. On a STelkle tweeter on the right is missing etrwas flock. but almost never.

nxfuu5dk.jpg

8js5mieq.jpg

When the board was in it I could finally start with the final cabling of the additional instruments. This alone took three afternoons. For the oil temp and pressure I have decided for the flange before the oil filter. this is actually the best solution as I find.

5gsq22kq.jpg

After that, I have a small boat fan installed the currently only one stage can be circulated. Have the similar so synonymous with the Cup cars seen. let's see whether the disk is blocked or remains free: D

5gn49qv7.jpg

qv8b3v76.jpg

Last Sunday we cut the discs together and glued the macrolon disks. went quite well. I'm curious how long I'm happy with it because they really very easily scratch. The fit is really perfect.

vzevk2hf.jpg

After I have dared the car from the inside then almost finished (footrest is still missing) I have the CLio behind a little lowered, more goes now with the standard feathers ersdt times no more.
today it overcame me then again and I have the car for 12 hours polished XD

ny7vglat.jpg

Nice! I've watched your videos on YouTube, loved the white one.
Your pics in your later posts aren't working and one of the posts is in German:sean: Looks like you've built a good one with the black clio though!

The Clio is now almost ready.
Basically, was not much invested over the winter if one times the Macrolonscheiben. All in all (with passenger seat) I now quite exactly 50kg downpaced and 250 hours of work invested. much weight is no longer to fetch. Of course, you can still buy a lot of GFK then you also need a cage. A very light battery is possibly still an option. Also in the front of the engine compartment I would like to replace dads one or other steel part with aluminum.
Probably runum Uniballlager will be installed over the season.
Now only a part of the disc is missing, the footboard and a little bit of small stuff. After Easter it is then again To Breidscheid: 0.0:: T:

5fpsikgr.jpg

6tt7txou.jpg

cx6a5u6q.jpg

54tpq6ri.jpg

7thximat.jpg

bzo8ggsh.jpg

6zu6ofnb.jpg

7y4umkbh.jpg

3lzntcsi.jpg

Was yesterday but then again on the scale and was positively surprised. The car was like on the top pictures on the scale, tank was randvoll!

s3rpiskj.jpg

v7ubzctx.jpg

but it does not help if the engine is not running. Mate is yesterday with nem comparable clio 8.01 BTG drove. so I'm looking for a motor. who has what can be happy to report!

page_2695068-64a0c9f0453bd7c78ef82ecfcf5c5e1c.jpg

qizlvdem.jpg

afterwards I first build the R3 Replica manifold: love:

The bend is in there. from the outside, the elbow has a high processing quality. However, the pipes that lead into the last collector after trimming have not even been deburred. The I then laboriously lengthened with an extension for the Dremel.

9v62a2wy.jpg

2uisvbnl.jpg

2m585v95.jpg

xbg59zga.jpg

In the production car is then much less space than thought, the manifold comes in the relieved state to the Stabi and the heat shield or on the place where the Schaltseile run is also quite tight. Well what do you want to do, tomorrow I still make the intermediate tube and then is tested on Sunday times.

iielcwnp.jpg

jjgf4ywt.jpg

had again installed a KAt. the car is a lot more leezer as I find however still loud.

4ghviqsk.jpg

Also, I could test the days at a cloudbreak times the fan, it has just been enough! : T:

ctn3jhza.jpg

Short update!
The days I had times again problems with the start of the Clios. Time he jumped very badly and the starter has turned properly then went nothing.
Comically, after pushing and cooling, he jumped back to normal.
In the assembly of the R3 elbow much to me already, that the heat shield to the manifold comes and I assumed that the starter might become too warm.
Since the heat-protection plate directly at the elbow was necessary to the expansion of the starter completely out anyway.
So I have the elbow also directly with heat protection tape wrapped and also the starter with aluminum foil. The heat shield was a little machined so that a gap of about 5mm between sheet metal and elbow is.

cjiw8uj8.jpg

odygdi6x.jpg

v7lnfvr5.jpg

In the expansion of the starter and the subsequent control, I found that one of the four coals had been demolished, possibly he went so badly. Coal exchange, magnetic switch exchanged and GO!

lpxdaxni.jpg

The supplied cable binders from sheet metal were so shit that I have simply straddled wire, keeps great! I had so seen at nem Raederauto: whistling:

fcqtkgud.jpg

3jlk8in8.jpg

Also, I have a light battery here in the forum ordered and today with a holder built. All in all, I have saved again about 5KG weight.

4kbtzhc9.jpg

sb3fqdhb.jpg

qxafg6hb.jpg

Oh my goodness. Thats some 'progress report' there !!

Bare with me - i'm going to have to digest some of this. But you do things properly don't you ! From the crash itself - to the rebuilding of version 2. Keep them coming. Brilliant car and documenting of your pains. Literally.

Great job

Similar Thread Suggestions