Trackspec Clio 197

Dropped the car off this morning with Four Ashes Renault for the manifold, decat and remap. Hopefully will come back even better than ever. I also decided to get the guys to sort out the horn issue as I'm sick of trying to fix it.

Heres a couple of videos from the recent trackday at Abingdon:

I have another trackday booked in Bedford next month and cant wait to get out in it again. The only job to do is fit a new set of CL RC6 brake pads.

At four ashes do they do a rolling road map or is it a generic map? Don't live far from there is id it is good then would be a real option

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: trackspec197
At four ashes do they do a rolling road map or is it a generic map? Don't live far from there is id it is good then would be a real option

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It will be a generic download mate based around the modifications. From what I gather RS Tuning provide them. Floyd who I believe is their chief tech is ex ktec so really knows a lot about them.

Really don't hang about do you. Great work so far :smile:

Haha thanks. No you're right although it's about what I want it to be now although I do want more power so am thinking about my options for next year. Either keep it N/A with itbs and cams or go for a Megane lump.

We'll see...

Haha thanks. No you're right although it's about what I want it to be now although I do want more power so am thinking about my options for next year. Either keep it N/A with itbs and cams or go for a Megane lump.

We'll see...

Decisions decisions. Not a bad spot to be in though. Well obviously Megane going to get you more power but your going to loose the n/a...

Yeah...

I've chased N/A power before with previous builds and had good results from it but it also adds more stress to the engine where as I could drop a Megane lump in and keep it at say 250 and know it is well within its limits. We'll see! I do love the induction hammer from an N/A on bodies though!

Reactions: Sean197
I like the induction noise with the KTR sounds good.

How come you didnt have a helmet on in the pug? :shocked:

Yeah...

I've chased N/A power before with previous builds and had good results from it but it also adds more stress to the engine where as I could drop a Megane lump in and keep it at say 250 and know it is well within its limits. We'll see! I do love the induction hammer from an N/A on bodies though!

Will be pricier doing the n/a option also.

Reactions: Sean197
I like the induction noise with the KTR sounds good.

How come you didnt have a helmet on in the pug? :shocked:

Non competitive day and so they wouldn't allow it. Really daft if you ask me!

Will be pricier doing the n/a option also.

Yes no doubt. I'd want cams, my business offers headwork so I'd have that done, itb's then ECU. So it would no doubt be a few grand all in.

Has anyone fitted the later RS 250 motor to the 197? From what I've been told it's a much more reliable motor compared to the of the 225/230?

Sounds good. I'm not really after massive power just more usable power really. More punch out of a tight section and more straight line grunt.

What I'm trying to avoid with this car is spannering on it every weekend. I've been there with highly tuned N/A engines that I've spent thousands of pounds on only to hear them go bang! Think I would sooner a simple un-stressed motor that can offer 250bhp out of the box. Thats a good usable amount of power in one of these although like everything you always want more lol.

I guess thats why I'm leaning towards maybe a RS250 motor over stressing the 197 engine. If I stick with the 197 N/A and go for cams, bodies and management then to make it worth while it would make sense to port the cylinder head and upgrade the valve train for more reliability. But with all that it would no doubt be cheaper to go for a drop in turbo lump which will still have more torque, less stress and more reliability.

What I'm trying to avoid with this car is spannering on it every weekend. I've been there with highly tuned N/A engines that I've spent thousands of pounds on only to hear them go bang! Think I would sooner a simple un-stressed motor that can offer 250bhp out of the box. Thats a good usable amount of power in one of these although like everything you always want more lol.

I guess thats why I'm leaning towards maybe a RS250 motor over stressing the 197 engine. If I stick with the 197 N/A and go for cams, bodies and management then to make it worth while it would make sense to port the cylinder head and upgrade the valve train for more reliability. But with all that it would no doubt be cheaper to go for a drop in turbo lump which will still have more torque, less stress and more reliability.
Thing is the more I drive it the more I like the na side of it. I like the fact there's no turbo kicking in to spoil the thrills but then again turbos are easy power. I don't think more than 250 is necessary so why go to the hassle of meg conversion. Someone must do a reasonably priced conversion to standard lump

Thing is the more I drive it the more I like the na side of it. I like the fact there's no turbo kicking in to spoil the thrills but then again turbos are easy power. I don't think more than 250 is necessary so why go to the hassle of meg conversion. Someone must do a reasonably priced conversion to standard lump
These are my exact thoughts at the moment. Keep my own engine with LSD and rebuilt gearbox and fit a turbo for a reasonable price. Emails a couple of places but never got a reply.

Trouble is to build the motor correctly you'll have to drop the compression ratio which results in you having to mess around with the original lump.

Personally I prefer N/A but we'll see. Talking to David in ktec he mentioned that they are releasing a complete ITB kit for the 197 in the Autosport show so I might check that out anyway.

Trouble is to build the motor correctly you'll have to drop the compression ratio which results in you having to mess around with the original lump.

Personally I prefer N/A but we'll see. Talking to David in ktec he mentioned that they are releasing a complete ITB kit for the 197 in the Autosport show so I might check that out anyway.
Itb s will be thick end of three grand, but itbs on decent exhaust would sound epic

Reactions: trackspec197