Trackspec Clio 197

the thing is ,you can always go black but thats just boring..they are your track wheels so go a bit adventurous..
i also like gold with blue..

I'm thinking maybe a dark gold or maybe a bronze.

New rubber has arrived!
851405D5-676A-4F1E-98F8-1DF78D304D1F_zpsoevmsgw3.jpg

0CDFF390-6DDB-47C9-AD56-0FE668E80BD6_zpscgbnir7i.jpg

After being at PFC show today in Donnington I really need to get one of those Renault Sport front splitters! Where's best to buy them?

New rubber looks slick.... :smile:

I presume more grip = more G's = more pressure on steering, suspension components etc not to mention brakes perhaps if your now carrying more speed.

I take it it's not as simple as having a 'fast road' / track set-up and the chucking some slick rubber on ?

Reactions: trackspec197

Thanks mate

New rubber looks slick.... :smile:

I presume more grip = more G's = more pressure on steering, suspension components etc not to mention brakes perhaps if your now carrying more speed.

I take it it's not as simple as having a 'fast road' / track set-up and the chucking some slick rubber on ?

Haha yes mate. The tyres will definitely put more strain on the drive train. Brakes will be fine but the driveshaft CV's and diff will take a bit more punishment. Also to run these I will be running a lot more camber. I'm getting a good friend of mine who is Matt Neals head mechanic for Team dynamics to set up the suspension geometry changes. I wont be using them until I get the new diff fitted.

Last edited:
Reactions: sevenfourate
I know mate, I still really want one but there are more pressing things. I didn't realise until earlier that the carbon fibre rear diffusor that I have fitted to this is £1000! Crazy!

Welcome to vibration-city for a few hundred miles then. :smile:

***But a great investment and the choice of many-many here inc me.

Stiffens the engine a TREAT !

The lower engine and torque mounts are a brief day-trip to vibration city. The upper engine mount however is more like welcome to vibration city you're the new mayor, here's your house and you're obliged to stay until retirement.
In other words, horrific on a road car. Good for track though.