Tractor Boy

Thanks mate.

When we were looking she was certain she wanted one without the full sticker pack, so just the front and back bumper ones and not the wings and roof.

Once we got it, she was even fairly sure that she was going to have to roof stickers taken off. But now we both love them and wouldn't even think about removing them.

Same with me and the 'dini stripes, I know some remove them, but I could never do it.

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Nice start to the thread Mes, and 'he' looks like a very nice example! The upgrades sound good, looking forward to seeing more updates!

Nice start to the thread Mes, and 'he' looks like a very nice example! The upgrades sound good, looking forward to seeing more updates!

"he" ARGH! Still sounds daft! I'm trying to get used to it!

:smiley:

Thanks Jimmy mate. More to come for sure.

Reactions: Jimmy
Great to finally see pics and a thread of your own Mes.

Rumours behind the scene were starting; that this car was a just a thing of myth :smile:

F1 decals look great. First time i've seen on a 'J45' 197.........

***OH and i might be from Suffolk; but i'm definitely not a tractor boy.

Reactions: Johnny 99
Great to finally see pics and a thread of your own Mes.

Rumours behind the scene were starting; that this car was a just a thing of myth :smile:

F1 decals look great. First time i've seen on a 'J45' 197.........

***OH and i might be from Suffolk; but i'm definitely not a tractor boy.

Nice bit of paint code geekery there mate. You've just taught me something :thumb:

Ha, yeah I drive a BMW, I just like to hang out with the Renault guys so I thought I'd make up a pretend car :wink:

Yeah, I liked the R27 decals straight away, Mrs M really didn't. Glad she's grown to love them so much.

Ok, so next up in my little catch up was a day out driving with @Yiannis197 , my friend Diz, Mrs M in the R27 and me in the M.

We did many good drives before this one, and many since and I don’t intend to post pics from them all but this was a really fun day out and Tractor Boy’s first bit of group hooning, so it’s here for the memories.

r89wlg.jpg

Mrs M actually arrived first in this car park, early enough to be already sat down with a beer by the time the rest arrived. To this day, we don’t know how. It’s not like we were hanging about. There certainly wasn't a much quicker route to take!

14albua.jpg

Above is a pic from a stop off on the route home. Incidentally, this drive was most of the route we’re looking at doing on the 2nd Apr. Really looking forward to that.

Just a little update tonight, but I really can’t be bothered sorting the photos out.

More to come. There will be mods, I promise!

:smiley:

remember you posting the above picture some time ago...or maybe it was Yiannis..great pics Mes...:thumb:

Is that last one photoshop'd Mes ? Cant believe the 'M' is in front of the Clios :smile:

Thats a great shot in all seriousness. Wouldn't look out of place being a cover on any motoring magazine.........

Mes you defo need to join us for a next meet..Mrs.M should come too..

Next time we're back in Manchester I'd fancy a ride in a Megged Clio. I'll trade you for some cabin airbox goodness in the M :wink:

Reactions: Pav
Is that last one photoshop'd Mes ? Cant believe the 'M' is in front of the Clios :smile:

Thats a great shot in all seriousness. Wouldn't look out of place being a cover on any motoring magazine.........

Ha! Trust me, the way Yianni drives, it's no easy task to stay in front!

Far too kind mate. Just an iPhone and a pretty sky in reality though! You're coming on the 2nd right?

Didn't realise you bought this in Ipswich mes, is where I work, can't say I ever saw it around either.

Gorgeous car :smile:

Didn't realise you bought this in Ipswich mes, is where I work, can't say I ever saw it around either.

Gorgeous car :smile:

Thanks Chris.

It was tucked away not really getting driven as the bloke who had it had a works van and worked like mad so never really got the time to drive it. His wife used it mostly. Could tell, smelled like a girl's car as soon as we got in it.

Mes - completely off-topic.....and i do apologise:

Your 'M' has an amazing stance. That cant be standard...........

Mes - completely off-topic.....and i do apologise:

Your 'M' has an amazing stance. That cant be standard...........

Thanks Shuv, and my god mate no! AST adjustable coilovers, properly set up. There's been as much spent on handling as there has under the bonnet. She drives nicely mate. Pretty decent refinement to be fair as well.

I'm not enough of an M3 aficionado to really know what's-what Mes. I just remember you saying yours was a CSL (?) and didnt know if that was a stock look for that model. I presume yours is a lighter, rawer, more hardcore car compared to a "standard" M series. Even in stock form.

Its superb visually. I'm "glad" it took some work, sweat and graft to get there :smile: I'd have been even more 'heartbroken' if you'd said it was factory fresh.......

Back on topic. Sorry if i wandered. Think its the first side-on pics i've seen of your 'wheels'. Hence the question !