Tractor Boy

that's a really lovely example. Which wheels are you going for, Ultras?

Thanks a lot Sean. And yeah, it was only ever one choice really. I'd do something different if I could but I can't so I may as well go with the ones that look amazing. Wasn't a difficult decision really.

I cheated on my 197, roughed up with some fine grit sand paper and matt black spray paint. Couldn't handle the idea of having to top up with restorer every few weeks. That said the Gtechniq range is very good so I'd expect Mes has got good results from it.

@///M look forward to seeing the new wheels mate :sunglasses:

Applied once in at least six months mate. Still look bang on.

As for the wheels, I know you know...

Reactions: BenAG200
It's such a shame the nose grilles fade so badly... The restorer has done a good job though Mes, so a simple fix! I opted to spray mine and they turned out well for a first time effort. Easy enough to do too.

Ok fast forward a little more from the last post and while up in Manchester visiting the family, we did a run out in Goyt Valley and around Buxton / Macclesfield. GREAT roads up there. Always a fun drive and one I know so well as Buxton via Goyt Valley used to be my run to work when I was an RS Ford man.

99gglw.jpg

Anyway, pulled the car up and thought it looked good for a picture and it was while taking the shot above I realised the grilles were so badly faded I couldn't handle it anymore. I knew they were bad but this embarrassed me into sorting it out. So out came the trim restorer

2h80lkh.jpg

So a thorough clean, dry, then a proper IPA wipe down and apply. If anyone hasn't used this it's really excellent stuff and so easy to use and you need hardly any to do a lot. Bloody fiddly getting all up in the grilles though.

In progress shot for a before and after:

2s9ypsk.jpg

This was maybe 6/7 months ago. They still look pretty much brand new. Very happy with how they turned out.

Slow progress but we're getting there...

Diffuser next...

Not carbon diffuser then?? :wink:

It's such a shame the nose grilles fade so badly... The restorer has done a good job though Mes, so a simple fix! I opted to spray mine and they turned out well for a first time effort. Easy enough to do too.

I thought long and hard about painting them but in the end I decided I like the OEM look. Given the state of them before I did them and how long it's lasted already I have to say I'm amazed with how good the C4 is.

Reactions: Jimmy
looks like a good product Mes..guess better option than spraying them...

REALLY good mate. Like I said on a previous post, I reckon all told I used about £3 worth of product.

But painted ones look great too. We just wanted to retain the OEM look.

I hadnt even noticed that they'd faded, until seeing the "before/after" pic, looks like it's worked an absolute treat. You do it whilst the grille was in situ or removed it?

Making me now wonder if my side vents above the wheel have actually faded like that.

Can only imagine how fiddly doing all the grilles though so fair play for commitment to it...Id probably get frustrated after doing the first one...if I got that far that is!

I hadnt even noticed that they'd faded, until seeing the "before/after" pic, looks like it's worked an absolute treat. You do it whilst the grille was in situ or removed it?

Making me now wonder if my side vents above the wheel have actually faded like that.

Can only imagine how fiddly doing all the grilles though so fair play for commitment to it...Id probably get frustrated after doing the first one...if I got that far that is!

In situ mate. With a decent applicator it's not that bad. Would take you ten or fifteen to do the arch vents. :thumb:

Mate what happened to the streamline diffuser then?

I did try the c4 product and my views are mixed. It restored the trim colour but it didn't last long, when it eventually went the end result was worse than prior to applying. I did the scuttle and the trims either side of the windscreen.

Mate what happened to the streamline diffuser then?

I did try the c4 product and my views are mixed. It restored the trim colour but it didn't last long, when it eventually went the end result was worse than prior to applying. I did the scuttle and the trims either side of the windscreen.

Interesting. Was your prep good enough? They need to be as clean as absolutely possible. Seriously can't fault our grilles, been super impressed with it.

This on yours Mes ? Done by you ?

Looks awesome.

****Needs 200 tips though :smile:

Yeah mate. My god. Not done by me. I wish I had carbon skills like this. I'd be making all sorts of stuff.

It's a Streamline one mate.

Tips are going to stay hidden like OEM. Will be expensive and involve cutting a brand new exhaust most likely, but what can you do?

cant fault the G-product on my windows but the plastic bits will always be difficult to keep looking like new..

Not 'factory' that i know of Mes. Only aftermarket or anything you fancy hydrodipped of course......

Can't even find any aftermarket ones mate. Hydrodipping isn't for me to be honest, it's real or nothing.

I'd quite like the Maxton Design one if it was available is proper carbon.

I just like the idea of the splitter matching the diffuser.

Can't even find any aftermarket ones mate. Hydrodipping isn't for me to be honest, it's real or nothing.

I'd quite like the Maxton Design one if it was available is proper carbon.

I just like the idea of the splitter matching the diffuser.

I guessed that. I also knew you wouldnt be happy with dipping.

Had to remind you of the options though...... :smile:

Not seen the Maxton one. Now off for a gander..............