Tyre shine recommendations please

It's good isn't it Shuv? It applies easily, dries nicely and doesn't fling.

Glad you had some to try, I really rate the product for plastics alone, so tyre shine is a lovely added bonus

I bought it solely for my incoming Recaro plastics: after. being recommended it too suj...

But seems good on tyres yes ! Easy to apply. Went along way. Really blackened and looked the right amount of shine for me.

Wife has now taken her car out. So will be interesting to see how if fares...

Will get through a few bottles if you use it on that size profile tyre regularly:wink:

Nice demo Shuv. Looks a good product

Reactions: sevenfourate
was expecting a lot less shine, tbh. this is diluted 1:1, right?

Sorry peter. You've put me in my place there. This was applied neat and straight from the bottle.

Will correct my post ! Thankyou for noticing with your keen eye and correcting me........ :smile:

Reactions: peter
Cheers mate, I know I was a bit harsh on this, it was never the finish it gave, I really liked the finish after applied, it was the way it went when driving in the wet, (on my tyres) after a drive in the rain a few times, after the tyres dried they went a creamy white, as in, there were creamy white, what looked like brush marks, possible the strokes it was applied in! Possible, as said, bad prep, saying that I have been using gyeon tyre the exact sam way in the same tyres and no issues what so ever, I'd also say it lasts longer too :smile:

Honestly hope it works for you shuv as I did like the way it looked just not how it ended up looking :-(

I honestly think a car never looks finished without the tyres done!

Can wait to see these seats, wrap looks well btw!

Cheers mate, I know I was a bit harsh on this, it was never the finish it gave, I really liked the finish after applied, it was the way it went when driving in the wet, (on my tyres) after a drive in the rain a few times, after the tyres dried they went a creamy white, as in, there were creamy white, what looked like brush marks, possible the strokes it was applied in! Possible, as said, bad prep, saying that I have been using gyeon tyre the exact sam way in the same tyres and no issues what so ever, I'd also say it lasts longer too :smile:

Honestly hope it works for you shuv as I did like the way it looked just not how it ended up looking :-(

I honestly think a car never looks finished without the tyres done!

Can wait to see these seats, wrap looks well btw!

Time will tell buddy :smile: I did go back out after a few hours and it hadnt actually dried. (Not sure if it actually ever fully does ?). So i can see how what you're saying might happen.

In saying that; i never bought it for the tyres as i said. So not bothered either way. If it does great - if it doesn't no sweat. Even more so as it on the wife's motor !

In saying that - i would like something non-fling with a little glossier finish that the Autoglym stuff i've been using for a while on the Clio. Maybe Gyeon should be my next purchase....

autoglym for me, had the same bottle for 3 years but about to buy my second! Can't stand the gel stuff or any shiny tyre products, looks shit. new tyres aren't shiny, they're clean satin black..... so keep them that way.

autoglym for me, had the same bottle for 3 years but about to buy my second! Can't stand the gel stuff or any shiny tyre products, looks shit. new tyres aren't shiny, they're clean satin black..... so keep them that way.

Each to their own and different people like different finishes, what looks shite in one persons eyes looks great in another's! I could say the same about satin finish...but I won't.

Sorry peter. You've put me in my place there. This was applied neat and straight from the bottle.

Will correct my post ! Thankyou for noticing with your keen eye and correcting me........ :smile:

cheers shuv. relieved to hear the photos show the result of undiluted dressing. think i'll give this a go. :wink:

What AG product are you using mate?

Meguiars Tyre Gel is incredible, a bottle lasts a _long_ time too, it's also pretty cheap. Works reasonably well on trim also.

Oh, the tire must be cleaned properly with a tire brush, not wiped, but brushed with the correct tire tool, this way the surface has better chances of remaining longer on the tire. This is why people get different results, not everybody uses the same cleaning stuff and some of those react differently once you've applied your dressing. So best to experiment on which cleaning products work with your tire gel /dressing liquid of choice.

I'll get a pic of the PERL treated tyres tonight.

Seen a lot of rain and 'weather' over the weekend and this week and looking great so far..

Glad it's working for you mate, nothing worse than spending money and hating the product! Via your cleaning threads, I suspect you spend a bit more time on your prep work! Lol

Another one that I think I failed to mention is Valet Pro Black to the Future. Leaves a nice even satin finish and not a lot is needed. It lasts about 2 weeks too.

Just ordered a bottle of CarPro PERL as it's one of few tyre shines (that I could find with decent reviews) that's safe for plastidipped wheels. Can't wait to also try it out on the diffuser and Recaros!

Reactions: suj
Just ordered a bottle of CarPro PERL as it's one of few tyre shines (that I could find with decent reviews) that's safe for plastidipped wheels. Can't wait to also try it out on the diffuser and Recaros!

What do you think of it then buddy ?

I love it. Worked a charm on my Recaro plastics as i hoped - and has been as good as i've ever used on my tyres.

Last cleaned my car 3 weeks ago; and after snow-foaming the crud off today.....the tyres still looked pretty glossy underneath. Then took just a minimal amount to get looking great again.

I've been using it neat on the seats and the tyres. The bottle is hardly going down a month or more into use. A little product certainly goes along way.......

Reactions: DS197