Undertray

So having a nice Sunday drive with the misses, booted it a little down the dual track what jumps out right in front of me a fox!!! Tried to swerve out of the way the best i could but i was going a wee fast. So we collided, got home no damage to the body phew!! Had a look underneath :blush: the undertray by the gearbox etc is completely smashed to bits :worried: does anyone know how much it would cost to replace this part as i can see everything underneath and want to get it sorted sooner rather than later and cheaply as money is abit tight at the mo.

Cheers

Yep, but you better be sitting down.

P/N is 8200441798 and costs £79.81+vat :'( so around £98 with VAT

The same happened to me, but I purchased some epoxy plastic resin from Halfords and fixed it that way.

Still trying to find a second hand one now lol

The same happened to me, but I purchased some epoxy plastic resin from Halfords and fixed it that way.

Cheers matt, managed to get one of eBay £25 :smile:

Cheers matt, managed to get one of eBay £25 :smile:

How the hell did you manage that?

Been searching ebay since September looking for one, even emailed ever one who was braking as well.

Some people have all the luck :worried:

Been searching ebay since September looking for one, even emailed ever one who was braking as well.

Sorry buddy

just tried my luck with a guy breaking a albi blue 197 and he had it for sale. I'll keep my eye out for ya :wink:

Plus VAT it comes to £94 lol

Aw mate thats terrible, at least you have got it fixed now though! At least it wasn't a deer as apparently they come up and over!!!

Dont know if anyone else has seen this on ClioSport but I though it was quite relevant...

DSC00145-1.jpg

Its a sure fire way to ruin your day!

I thought there was a ban on fox hunting? lol

What is that splitter? Look's pretty good compared the the standard plasticy bendy thingy I have!

Maybe there's something similar for the 197?

Last edited:
Its a V6 mate I have thought about it myself really could be good if we can get the dimensions. It might not be too far different from the 197 front and failing all else can always get the dremmel out and make it fit lol!

I know its not a nice pic in itself but I wouldn't want it happening to me as I really wouldn't like to 'remove' it!

if you get to know anyone working in your local renault dealers, id nearly put money on it that some mechanic has forgotten:rolleyes: to put one of these back on a car at some stage and its just sitting in the corner of the garage,there the same as the standard clio

As the sun was today id thought id fix my problem, just a few phone pics.

030-1.jpg

original part that got smashed and was hanging loose
031-1.jpg

new part
032-1.jpg

removed
033-1.jpg

fitted
034.jpg

lmfao that picture kinda caught me off guard . . .. foxes should stay off the road