What Renault should have done

Was speaking to a mate of mine recently that repairs, restores and preps cars and is a general automotive genius.

He's tried a few of the Korean motors recently and reckons that within the next few years they will seriously affect the sales of the non-premium European brands such as the French and Italian makes. Says the engineering is simple, the cars are reliable and above all they're cracking to drive.

Yeah I think so as well. The French and Italians rely on small cheap cars, but now the Asians are doing it better. It's similar to the situation with the British car manufacturers when the Japs started bringing their cars over here.

I reckon across Europe french and italian makes will be fine as thats all the french and italians buy. This country is a bit different and can certainly see them not just outselling the french and italians but also the likes of Ford and Vauxhal as well.

We'll have to see how it goes first. But my misses drives a Hyundai, it's now 6 years old and NOTHING has gone wrong with it! It needed brake discs and pads at the last MOT, thats it. It still feels solid, doesn't rattle, runs silent and works as well as new in every way. Scary!

If they keep it simple and give it some power, it could be a cracker, who wouldn't buy a car with 7 years warranty at that price.

They have a tenadancy to buy competitors cars and pull them apart for inspiration, lets hope they've had a RS Clio in bits to suss out the chassis!

im sure like me you laughed at the thought of a kia when they started to come on to the market, but with 7 year warranty and what car magazines's car of the year you'd be ignorant not to sit up and take notice of what they are doing, alright there's no pedigree but so what if it looks good goes well and handles and it's priced right then i'd sell out that's for sure. remember early mitibushi's and toyota's i do and they were bilge

Was speaking to a mate of mine recently that repairs, restores and preps cars and is a general automotive genius.

He's tried a few of the Korean motors recently and reckons that within the next few years they will seriously affect the sales of the non-premium European brands such as the French and Italian makes. Says the engineering is simple, the cars are reliable and above all they're cracking to drive.

its already happening they are squeezing the french cars makers....