Wheel detailing

It's all budget orientated. Go on eBay, I got 5 litres of Billberry for £24 delivered. Like it says on the bottle, CAN be diluted up to 1:10 and still be effective. I go in at approx 1:3, I went on recommendation and found it's really good. Its also none acidic.

It even took that gold colour off a mates wheel that probably hadn't seen a cleaner in years. I had the meguires stuff but you don't get slot for your money, did the job though.

Bilberry is both overrated and overpriced.

Get yourself 5 litres of Autosmart Smart Wheels for £15 and you're sorted for a very long time.

Protection wise, the Poorboys stuff doesn't last as long as it should, and not as long as some wax products. My choice tends to be either Zaino Z2 Pro or Collinite 845, both of which only need one layer (Poorboys needs three to be effective) and last longer, along with being easier to use.

However, for 'looks' on black wheels, I'd have to recommend Planet Polish Wheel Seal and Shine, which is stunning stuff, and also lasts pretty well.

Then, when the wheels are protected, you will only ever need car shampoo to wash your wheels - no point using aggressive wheel cleaners after sealing your wheels. You will just waste product AND degrade the protection in place. Use a pressure washer to rinse, then wash by hand using shampoo and a dedicated wheel mitt (the Dodo one is ideal)

As for using Zymol Concours on your wheels - very pimp lol!! You must really love Zymol to do that!! Most waxes melting point is lower than the temp of brake dust, so I can't see it lasting long?

As for the Dodo stuff, I like bits of their range, but SN Wheel Cleaner is overpriced IMO. SNH may be a good choice on wheels though, but when Colli 845 is half its price...

Russ.

I use concours on the wheels cos it means one tub that's all.

It lasts quite well, not as long as on the body but not bad. Not washed it since my trackday so should be interesting to see if it's stopped the dust bonding.