Which colour springs do I need?

I'm looking at reversing a previous owner's spring modification. They switched the standard springs to H+R and didn't pass on the original springs when they sold it on.

I'm trying to order the original springs so I can refit them but apparently there are 10 different springs that could have been fitted and I need to know the correct colour. Can anybody help me work out what spring colour it should have been?

Car is a 2008 Clio 197.

Is it with standard or cup suspension? I am not sure, dont kill me if these are wrong:
Here is pics of my car springs.
It is left hand drive Clio 197 with standard suspension year 2007.
I recently purchased new genuine springs from RPD and i bought similar springs with same colours, listed there as standard 197 springs.

Front:
small.jpg
New ones
small.jpg

I dont have any pics of rear springs..

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 10
Thanks @Antti O , I've looked at a number of other threads on the forum but those were all for later cars.

After speaking with Renault, I think the suspension is standard.

Would it be possible to see the colour of your rear suspension coils?

Just to add, Cup springs will have orange and blue markings, both front and back. In case yours turned out to be a Cup.

there is a thread about this somewhere...not at home where its saved but have a search..

After the R27 a cup chassis option was introduced on the 197, along with a lower cost Cup version. Visual clues to the cup chassis are anthracite 12 spoke wheels along with red brake calipers front and rear. Given that the anthracite wheels are a popular choice for aftermarket refurbishment there are many cars out there that might at first appear to have the Cup chassis, but are in reality just standard cars with anthracite wheels and repainted brakes. To be sure you can check the colour coding on the springs –orange & blue front and rear on the cup, blue & green front and orange & orange on the rear on the standard chassis car.

In the buyers guide..

http://www.clio197.net/threads/clio-197-buyers-guide.19788/

Thanks @Chris - This forum is a gold mine of information!

I've gone ahead and bought the blue/green and orange/orange! Fitted the rears this afternoon and will try to do the fronts over the coming week :excited:

Reactions: Chris and Pav
Sorry i forgot this completely last weekend.
If you need any confirmation of colours, may be late for that ? I will buy set of rear springs from other 197 in next monday, then you will have lot of pics if you want.

Just a quick one chaps.

The springs on my 59 plate 200 have a blue and orange paint code.

I want to order some H&R springs, what type do I need to order?

Just a quick one chaps.

The springs on my 59 plate 200 have a blue and orange paint code.

I want to order some H&R springs, what type do I need to order?

If you’re ordering H&R’s the colours of the original springs shouldn’t matter. Just the reg of your car, so if it’s a 59 reg you’ll need the springs for the early style top mounts.

Reactions: Dumdum