200: Winter is coming...

CM200

Paid Member
Hey all hope you had a good weekend and had a good start to the week!

I’d just like to ask some questions regarding care for your car when it’s mainly a weekend toy especially with winter rolling in.

I usually try to drive her a minimum of once every weekend but it’s not always possible and was wondering if you guys/gals had any tips for helping a car that’s sat for periods of time.

now with winter coming in and no garage to store are those covers any good or do they just let condensation build up underneath?

also do you guys do routine starts/warm ups or just leave it for when you have time for a run?

I’ll be giving it a fairly hefty clean and polish/wax soon, as I doubt I’ll have the time or weather to clean once winter is here!

so any tips? What do you guys normally do? Wish I could daily her :worried: damn you works van.

My system is probably terrible but this is what i do.

My car lives outside with no cover on and won't be driven much at all, once a month maybe weather dependant. First thing i do is leave the handbrake off. If you're on a slope leave it in gear but i don't have this worry. With regards to starting it up, if you're going to do that i would say you need to take it for a decent length drive to get all the fluids flowing around again, my minimum would be an hour sort of round trip.

The only other thing i have seen said is to store it with a full tank of fuel to stop condensation. This is something i didn't do last year but might try this year, main reason being i didn't want to come home to find someone had stolen the fuel out of it.

Other than that, a good clean and layer of wax will help protect the outside against most of the weather.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Clio General Chat 2
jasonlovesfrench Gallery 0
matt9566 General Chat 8
Antti O General Chat 49
Antti O General Chat 15