WRC 2017

So for all you lovers of fast hot hatches the WRC starts next week. Sad to see VW pull out but it was always on the cards after the emmisions scandal. We will see if Ogier has his own way in the Fiesta. Would like to see Meeke do well this year.

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
yeah I'll be watching this. Is there any word as to whether a privateer team will take on the 2017 Polo's? VW had said that they would give them factory support if the privateer team paid for the development.
The cars should be faster too, around 400bhp I think, and better aero. I'm especially looking forward to the tarmac rallies.

Will try and watch more this year as new changes should make for interesting viewing. Hope it doesn't turn into a one horse race though!

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Looking forward to it. Shame to lose VW but they deserve to feel a backlash after their crimes against the environment!

Should be a good season with the new regs I'm hoping, and I love the new Fiesta!

Ford-Fiesta-WRC-2017-pictures-742570.jpg
Ford-Fiesta-WRC-2017-753184.jpg

I've been to a few WRC events and some locals ones. Have a look at RallyTravel for European events.

Thanks mate, will have a nose about. Would love to do a European one. That and a proper FIA hillclimb event have been a must do for a while. Would make for a good road trip too!

We will see if Ogier has his own way in the Fiesta.

well, he's testing how strong that fiesta really is ...
http://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/ogier-crashes-m-sport-ford-during-monte-carlo-testing-864464/?s=1

Is there any word as to whether a privateer team will take on the 2017 Polo's?

nope. no privateer polo's yet. possibly 2018, but i wonder if the car will be outdated by then.

the cars look bonkers. a bit like the group B glory days, back in the eighties. looking forward to this season.

Best to get them out of the way in testing though I guess, but yeah, I wouldn't describe it as a minor!

nah, I've MOT'd worse.
I hope Citroen get their act together this year, would love for Kris Meeke to do well, rather than it become another one-man walk to the title. I never really liked Ogier for some reason, even though the Loeb era was much more boring but I didn't mind him.

Last edited:
nah, I've MOT'd worse.
I hope Citroen get their act together this year, would love for Kris Meeke to do well, rather than it become another one-man walk to the title. I never really liked Ogier for some reason, even though the Loeb ear was much more boring but I didn't mind him.

ditto. the fact ogier constantly complains about the running order, despite winning six rallies in 2016, is tiresome.
bloody brilliant rally driver, though.

Yep, not an Ogier fan either. So often in motorsport the team I support seems to have a driver I don't!

All about Meeke this year.

Cars look VERY good at speed during testing I have to say.

Some shady footage of footage from today.

Word of warning, there's a crash at the end where a spectator gets injured. No news on their condition as yet, hope they're ok. Looks pretty bad though...

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
6705russell Motorsport 17
pacenotes Spotted 1
Adrian Other Marques 10
simoxmino Motorsport 16
Rick197 Motorsport 18