06 nimbus 197 daily track toy

What a ball ach this has been the last few days...
Firstly I cannot get the cc to work its had new switches and all sorts just not good ive swapped the squib as my airbag light kept coming on (free replacement) then I went to combe had a wicked time. However throughout the day my tyres sounded worse and worse even coming into the pits they were screaming like I was going 100mph. Didnt think much of it.

Pics and video to come

20230711_092423.jpg

On the way home the car tried to end me i mean litrally wouldnt stay on the road every drain I went over the car would shoot to the other side even going tried to turn and it went straight on at one point I checked it over on a drive and nothing no loose bolts nothing however something wasnt right when I got home I checked everything and couldnt find anything i think I made up the inner tie rod had some slight play in it but litrally nothing however tje tracking was so far out you could see it. It was toeing in so much

20230713_202855.jpg

So change the tie rod and took it to get tracked and boi was I right

20230718_092400.jpg

It was all over the place however now its all straight (rears are still all to cock) and drives lovely again. Anyway

Ring trip in 3 weeks so next week more prep..

1200px-Nurburgring.svg.png

but some plans are now at foot some bits I need to source,
Clock Spring/ Squib, -£90-250
New Pads (EBC RP1) - £150
Ney Tyres for the Turinies (maybe paint this year) £600
New handbrake cables (car rolled into a mini cost me £300 to repair) - I have at home
powerflex black engine mounts all round, - £100ish

Reactions: burrellbloke
and just like that, I've got a clock spring (thanks @RSRowe) I've bought a 2nd hand one from the one Jamie is braking, along with his engine mounts and just ordered a new Torque mount,

so just need to get new tyres and brake pads,

Reactions: RSRowe
but some plans are now at foot some bits I need to source,
Clock Spring/ Squib, -£90-250
New Pads (EBC RP1) - £150
Ney Tyres for the Turinies (maybe paint this year) £600
New handbrake cables (car rolled into a mini cost me £300 to repair) - I have at home
powerflex black engine mounts all round, - £100ish

Please don't get RP1. They are hands down the worst pad I have ever used.

RPX are absolutely brilliant though.

Bit more of an update sadly the clockspring didnt sort out the issue with the cc so ill have to keep looking into it. However I now have a solid gearbox mount and upper torque mount and am just waiting for the engine mount to dry before it goes back on however ive finally painted the engine and intake. (Blue was a bit bright and its not getting darker lol) ive still got to paint the side cover but will do it when the mount is out the way.

20230829_103044.jpg20230830_193013.jpg20230830_193015.jpg20230830_194332.jpg20230830_194336.jpg

excellent work.
do you will change the expansion tank to another place?
normally when you put the V6 box all people tend to put a Dacia tank in the other side of the engine bay.

excellent work.
do you will change the expansion tank to another place?
normally when you put the V6 box all people tend to put a Dacia tank in the other side of the engine bay.
Its not a v6 airbox its an r3 maxi (from the rally car) and yeah ive shifted it over its normally flat on the rad now its to the side.
20230903_185216.jpg

Reactions: Jakkehoop