197 climate control doesn't change temperature? (Only blows cold at lowest)

Hiya,

just got a 2006 197 in Nimbus grey. Needs a few bits done which I knew about (service, and exhaust flexi's blowing), but just discovered another "issue".

The climate control doesn't really seem to care about what temperature I set on it - blows warm/hot air at almost any temperature setting, unless at the lowest (15) - only then it start to blow cold, even tho not ice cold air.

What could be the issue? My common sense tells me it's either inside temperature sensor or the "flap" or whatever you call it that opens/closes therefore regulating temperature? Or am I wrong?

Any input appreciated!

Victor

upd:
sounds veeeery similar to this, although the below is for 172/182? Could it be the same?
http://www.cliosport.net/threads/only-hot-air-out-of-heater.308548/

Last edited:
It would be easier to get the aircon tested there are great fully automatic machines that vacuum test ,then pressure test the system and only when the test is good gasses the system up with the right amount of oil in the gas. A local garage got one in and it cost me £70 we detected a leak caused by the plastic pipe protector just behind the bumper grill had rubbed through, the machine injects a dye under pressure and with a type of infrared glasses you can see the leak. It's a way better job than just gassing it to find it leaked away a few days later. I had the 172 problem I found that if I manually put it to hot it would not return to cold until the car was turned off and back on again I knew I had good heat and good air con so the only thing left was the flap control I read that lots of people had to spend £1500 to refit the climate control box behind the dash when it took a cable tie and some glue to fix the star gear wheel the cable tie goes round the outside of the glued star wheel for strength. I found the solution on an Australian website Aussie frogs or something like that with pictures to fix it. The 172 climate control always ran the blower at a couple of bars and operated the flaps on the upper, middle and lower dash areas to reach the set temp, my 197 now has manual control I miss the climate control very much I would consider retro fitting it as I think it was something stupid like £150 extra from the factory and my car has the top UCH fitted so should only need the option turned on using the Renault clip after everything is fitted up.