197, couple of q's if you don't mind.

Hello all!

I'm test driving a racing blue 197 cup this week and I have a few q's. Be great if you can help. I used to own a 182 cup so not a complete noob ;-)

1-it has no mention of a/c on the listing, and I know this was an extra on cup models but in the pics there is the button with the White text a/c on it. Can this button be there with no a/c functionality?

2- can the standard basic cup cd player take an aux in? What's the cost/hassle?

3- what's the cost/hassle involved with changing the wing mirrors from matt black basic to matching racing blue.

Hope you can help, I've got fond memories of my cliosport.net days, but out of tune now having owned a cooper s and BMW coupe in recent years.

Thanks!

Hello all!

I'm test driving a racing blue 197 cup this week and I have a few q's. Be great if you can help. I used to own a 182 cup so not a complete noob ;-)

1-it has no mention of a/c on the listing, and I know this was an extra on cup models but in the pics there is the button with the White text a/c on it. Can this button be there with no a/c functionality?

2- can the standard basic cup cd player take an aux in? What's the cost/hassle?

3- what's the cost/hassle involved with changing the wing mirrors from matt black basic to matching racing blue.

Hope you can help, I've got fond memories of my cliosport.net days, but out of tune now having owned a cooper s and BMW coupe in recent years.

Thanks!
cups dont have air con i think
just a lead that goes in the back couple quid
ask spray shack how much to respray
so not a lot of cost

cups dont have air con i think
just a lead that goes in the back couple quid
ask spray shack how much to respray
so not a lot of cost

Interesting... Where can I get a lead from and how do plug it in at that back?

Interesting... Where can I get a lead from and how do plug it in at that back?
ebay i had mine given me by someone of here just plugs in to the back and feed it threw the glove box
will have a look for lead

must have had it as option cups were made to be lighter i thought
personally cant stand aircon

Great info on aux, thanks.

there is the button with the white text 'a/c' on it. Can this button be there with no a/c functionality?

Excellent news! Thank you for the info.

Are there any good sites for interior styling? The cup has a bland interior, I think having the air vent surrounds painted would look great!

I think the cups had an extra that was A/C but they couldn't have climate control and that's what is confusing.
I sprayed my vents and console piece (that holds the clock) with plasti-dip, so it's not permanent, you can also wrap them in Vinyl which I have done in the past.

Here's a shot of the interior. You can just about make out that it has the A/C button, obviously not climate control though.

Attachments

• 197 interior.jpg
    197 interior.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 33
spray shack a trader on here, spray some bits up for you, post them there and they post back when done

Just press the A/C button and see what happens, even if it does have A/C you want to check it works properly and doesn't need re-gassing

I bought it! The a/c worked fine. Any tips for insurance companies and little mods I can do will be welcomed!

I want to change the pedals, they don't seem to good for heel and toe'ing at the moment.

I bought it! The a/c worked fine. Any tips for insurance companies and little mods I can do will be welcomed!

I want to change the pedals, they don't seem to good for heel and toe'ing at the moment.