197 F1 Newbie after some advise please - throttle response

Understand exactly what your saying - and im sure your facts are 110% correct.

But; i personally dont see it as a problem. My Citroen C2 Loeb (VTS) was FAR worse. Like at times; had no relationship at all between throttle pedal and how the engine is reacting. Or not reacting as the case may be......

I'll be the first to admit the Clio's isnt perfect. But theres far worse out there, and its actually a 'joy' compared to some (Example of above) :smile:

In saying all of that i'd be really interested in a drive of one thats had this blip (No pun intended) eradicated !

oh yeah I agree mate it isn't bad for a dbw setup at all, and I would suggest if it's 'really bad' (unfortunately a subjective measurement!!) then look elsewhere for an issue. But inherently it'll never be cable throttle good like OP is used to in Caterhams.

I must admit I did notice after the test drive, the engine bay was bloody warm!!!

Last edited:
After reading this topic / replies......having a think about it.......and then driving my car:

Its ooccured to me the throttle pedal itself (On mine) is a little bit 2-step so to speak.........And as mentioned here: really does take some prodding to actually floor it.

I bet there's many times i've given it a fair prod off a roundabout etc thinking i was accelerating as hard as the car could manage initially coming out - and i didnt really have the throttle fully depressed.

I CBA to find out what the 2 stages gas pedal is, anyone know? I hardly use the 2nd stage!

Is it not just for overriding the cruise control/speed limiter? I'm fairly certain that that's the purpose of it being dual stage.

Last edited:
^^^^^^

I didn't even know this two-stage thing existed as such. I just knew that's what mine felt like, and hence why i explained it as-such......

And up to now i'm with you [MENTION=53807]Micah[/MENTION] ........... i've barely even used the second stage i don't think. Its like ive instantly gained 15bhp !!!

Aha! Cheers guys. Can't say I'm not disappointed though, I thought it might be for something far more exciting ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know I've always wondered about this second stage throttle pedal thing! I have it on my Nissan Qashqai as well as the 197. I thought it was something like an overdrive or when depressed maybe switched to a slightly different / adjusted timing map?!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Clio chris 197 Clio 197 Area 8
A New Members 3
wrx-sti New Members 5
J New Members 4