197 first?

Just fitted my 197 rear strut brace! Which I am pretty sure is the first 197 rear strut brace

Thanks to Earpl cliosport.net for producing it, It believe that now mine is fitted with no problems that they will be going into production.

You do have to remove the rear carpets to fit. However, it would be possible to fit with carpet in place which I will be doing at a later date. All you'd need to do is locate the strut top bolt, cut a + shape in the carpet just big enough to push the bolt through, and then bolt it into place that way.

Anyway... PICS:

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

More on my car in my project thread - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=457992

Cheers guys. Not sure how much difference it makes, but it looks the part, and I think it feels a bit more planted at the back.

why is it bolted to the top of the dampers ? that will mean it moves with the top damper rubber bushings - surely the brace should be fixed between the damper mounting towers to add ridgity ?

why is it bolted to the top of the dampers ? that will mean it moves with the top damper rubber bushings - surely the brace should be fixed between the damper mounting towers to add ridgity ?

well spotted Si,

maybe its just for looks alone, ? ( cause it does look good tbh ).

I have one :wink:

Looks good matey, started on that cat yet?

Have you? your cage doesnt count :tongueout:

Not started on the cat yet, had no time, and circumstances have changed so a lot of stuff is on hold for now.

I know omp sell a front brace 4 the 197 but it's a bitch to fit.

Not seen that, can imagine its hard to fit and tbh not gonna be worth the effort.

Bummer they didn't make a removable one :mellow:

Couldnt be much easier to remove tbh. Its only 2 bolts.

foxspeed said:

Well the top damper rubber bushings shouldnt really move so thats not an issue.

Fixing it in between the strut towers would not only require lots of custom fabication, it would be rather weak as the strut towers are not strong.

Also as Kev said, the Cup racer roll cages fix to the same point. As does the safety devices half cage. So seems as good a place as any :wink: