Wiring Diagram for 197/200 Wipers

massivewangers

Paid Member
I'm having some issues with the wipers on my 197. Basically, they don't work properly, and someone has fitted a little rocker switch to bypass the existing wiring. I've removed the motor/mechanism and cleaned it up and, with the Heath Robinson switch, they work, but they don't work on the stalk. The stalk isn't the issue (as I have tried another one), so I think it's the wiring, as it's pretty knackered at the wiper motor end (partially stripped wires for one thing).

The earth is still ok (as the "new" switch is tapped into it), and there appears to be a permanent live to another pin. But the other two wires appear to be dead, regardless of switch position, which I assume is the problem.

If anyone has a wiring diagram, or any experience of wiper faults, I'd appreciate it!

And a picture of the wiper motor plug, just to help illustrate how fucked it is :tearsofjoy:

Black is earth (obviously), the small green wire appears to be a permanent live, while the orange and brown wires are both dead. Fuck knows what's happened to it. If they both go to the fusebox, I might just make up new ones and try to feed them through.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-19 at 11.53.00.jpeg