197 Pro's and Con's

My awerage now is 25mpg, my ex bmw 325i did easily 30 in mixed driving.. And clio mpg is poor because of stupid gear ratios imo.

Welcome to the forums! From my experience over the last year and a half I would say

Pros:
You won't find a better handling car in this price bracket
Great fun
Very reliable
Seats hug you so well (Standard and recaros)
Looks good
You feel smug driving past fiesta ST and corsa VXR drivers knowing you have a better car
Great owners club which is so far immune to chavs! (Try saying that about fiesta ST and corsa vxr clubs)

Cons:
Not the most economical (Expect to average between 25 and 30mpg but on a 60mph cruise you can average ~42mpg)
Recaro seats can wear on the bolsters
Interior starts to rattle a bit when it gets older
Not much around for tuning
Can be difficult to drive when cold, however a remap makes this much better

nice post. I'd add individuality on Cons, not many of those little cars around and so much different from the other clios:smile:

I am only one who thinks 6 gear ratio is stupid? When cruising motorway nearly 4000rpm!..
My old bmw E46 had something like 2700rpm and took lot less of petrol but had more power?

Well in fairness it's not a motorway cruising car, but you put your toe down and nail a few roundabouts along a nice duel carriageway!! Then the car makes perfect sense :smile:

I'll second that.. tis why im on here more still than i am vxro!

disagree with this, i was a member of fiestastoc for 2 years well still am and there was never really any chavs on there more to the fact if there were, they didnt act it!!

on the other hand clio 197

great handling, good lucks but loves the fuel but you accept that from a 2 litre n/a car :smile:

Matt

My awerage now is 25mpg, my ex bmw 325i did easily 30 in mixed driving.. And clio mpg is poor because of stupid gear ratios imo.

80% of my driving is urban and I get 25mpg at the very most 25.5mpg. lol. For some reason that .5 comes when I have been driving it for a long time and given a bit of welly and also cruizing after.

When I do motorway driving I have got 35mpg at the most. I'm glad you are getting the same average 25mpg as everyone else seems to be getting various figures. 30, 25, 38. Considering it's the same engine it's weird how the figures are so scattered. I do short shift mainly on my travels to work and back but do give it some welly and do long ratios. Let her stretch her legs. :tongueout:

So after starting this thread I've still yet to find one. Found a Nice R27 on PH and send the chap a PM.

I then come on here and see the car is for sale here to. Look back through his threads and there is one about it crunching in second, so I think I will steer clear.

Ideally after a R27 in black or Nimbus <35k for no more than 8k.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
chris_blue Car Parts For Sale 0
R New Members 4
C Clios For Sale 2
O New Members 3
Ian_R Clio General Chat 18