200 amp/sub?

Hi Richy,

It is possible but you will need one extra piece of hardware which will give you rca from your rear speaker wire.

You could get away with no additional hardware to be honest.

It has both RCA and speaker level input.

Speaker level input allows you to run a simple speaker cable direct from the headunit, so all you would need is some speaker cable and a few connectors.

However doing this results in a poorer quality initial signal to the amp in the sub.

Aftermarket units use RCAs as they are far superior at transmitting a low level pure signal to the amp, however the OEM headunit will have none.

You can get a speaker cable to RCA converter/booster, but you never really gain anything.

If you decide on this sub box, i would go with the former idea, and do the simple speaker line in method. Then perhaps invest in a better replacement headunit and then convert to using RCA leads.

That's ok then. I don't want to upgrade the headunit as I spec'd the radio upgrade/Bluetooth as I don't want the hassle of new headunit/stalk adaptors and aftermarket Bluetooth.

I like the look of that sub and the fact it can be hidden away, how do you run speaker wire from the standard head unit then? Complete noob at electrical stuff?

its a small box that you plug your rear speakers into and it will give you rca out. you then plug in the rca to the sub and off you go. Didn't check about the power though...

I've run speaker wire from my rear speakers to the high level input on my amplifier. The most difficult part was actually finding somwhere to feed the power cable through into the cabin (especially the 4AWG I'm running). There is a piece of foam around two coolant pipes to the passenger side of the engine bay which after hours of fiddling I found and five minutes later had run this through :smile:.