200 Bumper/bonnet misaligned

Dystant

Detailing Dale
Paid Member
So over the last few days, after admiring everyone's Clios on here, I've come to notice that my bumper/bonnet look misaligned.

Now I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, so I was hoping people on here might be able to take a look at mine and compare to theirs to see how it should be.

Is the gap between the back of headlight and the body supposed to be this big?

vgQsqJwl.jpg

One side of my bonnet appears to be 1cm or so higher than the other side, but I'm not sure which side is correct?

LpOtVkGl.jpg

CRB8PhSl.jpg

Is the gap between the bonnet and the front bumper supposed to be this big?

25hQphvl.jpg

Anyway, you can see here that the bumper/bonnet isn't straight, it's even more apparent from some angles, it's really bugging me now. I've got plans to take the front bumper off and inspect everything but to be honest I'm not even sure what I'd be looking for that might cause this.

oEAdgMel.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

the gap between front bumper (the piece with Renault badge on) and the bonnet looks normal from above, but front on it's definitely not right. The right side looks fine but the left side looks like it's been pushed really low.

The gap between front bumper (the piece with Renault badge on) and the headlights also looks ok so I'd say that piece is fine, just the bonnet looks crooked.

the gap between front bumper (the piece with Renault badge on) and the bonnet looks normal from above, but front on it's definitely not right. The right side looks fine but the left side looks like it's been pushed really low.

The gap between front bumper (the piece with Renault badge on) and the headlights also looks ok so I'd say that piece is fine, just the bonnet looks crooked.

So you're saying it looks as though the left side of the bonnet needs lifting? Potentially a few spacers between the bolt and the hinge under the bonnet could fix then, I'll give this a try tomorrow and see if it helps. Thanks for the input mate, appreciate it :smile: .

let a few others cast their eyes over it first before doing anything drastic, but that's how it looks to me (that the left side needs lifting slightly) :smile:

Looks like the bonnet is a bit off...

Is there any chance you could get a picture of your bonnet from the side like this...

LpOtVkGm.jpg

I'm struggling to find out if it's supposed to be higher or lower than it currently is :worried:

To me it looks like the front drivers side of the bonnet (i assume it's a rhd car) is too low as has been mentioned and the rear passenger side is too high. I don't know if the hinges have any adjustment on them but adjusting the passenger side one to lower it may bring the drivers side front corner back into line.

[MENTION=51445]Kazumz[/MENTION] Yeah looks like the passengers side on mine is way to high for some reason.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to take those pictures for me, it's much appreciated :thumbup:.

@Kazumz Yeah looks like the passengers side on mine is way to high for some reason.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to take those pictures for me, it's much appreciated :thumbup:.

Any time mate.

I'm sure it'll just need some adjusting to get right but I think it's safe to say there's nothing broken, just a bit of fiddling.

So after a partly failed effort on Saturday to take the bumper and headlights off and reseat them, I'm still faced with the bonnet being higher on the passengers side.

The headlights are sat much better now though and Because of this the front/top part of the bumper with the diamond on is aligned a bit better.

Anybody have any ideas what to try next to sort it out? :worried: