200 Cup Spec A Few Questions....

Viewed a 200 cup today, this is the first i have seen in the flesh - i noticed it has no fog lights and the interior door pulls are just black plastic also the rubbing strips are black...noticed some have colour coded strips and fogs etc?

Are these just extra options or is it because its a 59 car registered 11/09

Good to hear your thoughts!

the c/c rub strips are just on the non cup version.
the door cards are different on cup and non cup versions.

Also in the tool kit part ie the towing eye etc it had no jack, should it have a jack as it had a space for one?? presume not as it has no spare?..

I think it is probably just the cup model that doesn't get a jack, I would imagine that if you spec a cup chassis on a standard 200 you get one. The cup models are the 'stripped back' track whores that have bare minimum equipment levels to save weight and improve the handling. The cup chassis on the standard car does the same, but not to the same degree as the weight is the same.

The cup RS Clios tradionally have no colour coded plastics, no A/C, normal keys, I think the 200 does away with the rear headrestraints now too.

I think it is probably just the cup model that doesn't get a jack, I would imagine that if you spec a cup chassis on a standard 200 you get one.

No even with a normal 200 with cup pack the jack is removed, It is something about the jack not being suitable with the cup suspension set up.

No even with a normal 200 with cup pack the jack is removed, It is something about the jack not being suitable with the cup suspension set up.

Which is complete and utter tosh to be honest.

Mines an FF with cup pack and i got a couple of cans of tyre killer.

Ive since added a full spare and tool kit lol

How tight are Renault? Cup suspension not compatable! What a load of tosh! Lol!

Thanks for the info guys - yes indeed no rear head rests!! and a strange copy of a vag flip out key!! what ever next!!!

While i am here what sort of price should i be looking at for a 200 cup in white with speedlines, window tints and those lovery recaros on a 59 plate looking to buy privately?? 1 owner...would appreciate a quick reply as i am looking to put in an offer asap!

Last edited:
Don't know if this will help bud, but I paid £16,500 for a 09 plate cup with no speedlines or recaros, and it only had 38 mile on the clock! That was in February this year!

Not sure on price, but remember Cup models sell cheaper than standard 197s/200s - usually anyway.

Not really, compared to what they were fetching when they first came out.
It was only 38 mile not 38,000 on the clock aswell. It had never been out of the showroom!

A thing to consider is they are now going for more money. Also have a 23 week wait period.

Wow they were only about 15750 new i saw the invoice for the car for sell - think i better snatch his hand of quick smart!

I heard that Renault didn't include a jack on cup packed cars (197 I'm talking) was because if the vehicle was jacked to the limits of the jack supplied then only two wheels would be on the road. Thus making it unstable and liable to topple.