200 diffuser heat shields

I have just received my 200 diffuser and it hasn't come with the 2 heat shields. I am putting it on my 197. With it be detrimental if i dont bother putting any on?d87c253a24f4bf6f4ac8a6ce474325a7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Personally I'd use some Zircoflex self adhesive there. It's proper ceramic stuff and suitable for 500degC - which your tips won't be anywhere like. Flex I or II be more than adequate.

rte_img_large_385.jpg

Personally I'd use some Zircoflex self adhesive there. It's proper ceramic stuff and suitable for 500degC - which your tips won't be anywhere like. Flex I or II be more than adequate.

rte_img_large_385.jpg
Thanks for the reply mate. Would you just stick it all around that area. I just worry the standard tips will sit too far back.. when normally they would slip into the shields.

You'd need to offer it up and see where the tailpipes sit, and just apply to anywhere exposed close by. It comes in shelf adhesive sheet so easily applied wherever.

They also do ZircoFlex Form, much more rigid and you'd actually be able to fashion some replacement cones from it very easily. But that stuff is very expensive. I guess you could use some of the cheaper branded stuff that Tweeks do which is similar.

You'd need to offer it up and see where the tailpipes sit, and just apply to anywhere exposed close by. It comes in shelf adhesive sheet so easily applied wherever.

They also do ZircoFlex Form, much more rigid and you'd actually be able to fashion some replacement cones from it very easily. But that stuff is very expensive. I guess you could use some of the cheaper branded stuff that Tweeks do which is similar.
Thats mint mate thanks. I did think about making some cones out of some ducting of some sort. I just cant find any genuine ones anywhere.

the 200 diffuser i had i didnt extend the tailpipes enough in to the funnels...and it melted part of the diffuser it got so hot!!!

The heat shields aren't that expensive £45 each new long term you will wind up melting the plastic and the diffuser will look like nothing.
yhuhu7e8.jpg
I think you cut the slash part of the tailpipe off to match the 200 exhaust there are plenty of 200 back boxes about as well then you know your good to go.
Look at this poor sods diffuser on gumtree he wants to swap back to a 197 diffuser
$_86.jpg
$_86.jpg

That's what yours will look like if you don't sort the heat shield properly sell your old diffuser and buy 2 heat shields or get another one with the shields fitted and sell the one you have on.

The heat shields aren't that expensive £45 each new long term you will wind up melting the plastic and the diffuser will look like nothing.
yhuhu7e8.jpg
I think you cut the slash part of the tailpipe off to match the 200 exhaust there are plenty of 200 back boxes about as well then you know your good to go.
Look at this poor sods diffuser on gumtree he wants to swap back to a 197 diffuser
$_86.jpg
$_86.jpg

That's what yours will look like if you don't sort the heat shield properly sell your old diffuser and buy 2 heat shields or get another one with the shields fitted and sell the one you have on.
Ohhhhh dear... ive fitted it as i dont go out in it much anyway. Do you know what the part number is for them?

I'll have a look and see if I can find a number but you will find a 70mph motorway trip will be pushing a lot of hot gas out the back even when your driving normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll have a look and see if I can find a number but you will find a 70mph motorway trip will be pushing a lot of hot gas out the back even when your driving normal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks mate. Well as i say i wont be going far and i wont push it hard for the time being

OK this stuff is from a French forum but here it goes it's from 2009 so prices may have changed a little

Ensuite les différents éléments du diffuseur :
- Diffuseur : 77 11 162 532 "élément aéro" 250,86€
- Canules d'adaptation : 77 11 162 533 "canules" 23,86€ (x2) the diffuser funnels
- Cerclages : 82 00 916 741 "élément entourage" 53,82€ (x2) the external chrome rings you can see in one of the photos
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• P1000403.jpg
    P1000403.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 69
  • P1000398.jpg
    P1000398.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 67
  • P1000402.jpg
    P1000402.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 70
  • P1000405.jpg
    P1000405.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 67
  • P1000407.jpg
    P1000407.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 69
Photo limits are affecting me, fitting continued:

Cut the tips 6/7cm back from the end if your still worried about hot gas at the bottom use a cheap exhaust trim pipe like the genuine Renault sport ones to give a square side sideon profle like the clio 200 back box does or get a used 200 back box and put it on.
attachment.php

There was more pics but I cant attach them I have hit some kind of limit.

Here is the link to the French forum:
http://www.forum-clio.com/index.php?topic=17749.0

Attachments

• P1000414.jpg
    P1000414.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 71
Photo limits are affecting me, fitting continued:

Cut the tips 6/7cm back from the end if your still worried about hot gas at the bottom use a cheap exhaust trim pipe like the genuine Renault sport ones to give a square side sideon profle like the clio 200 back box does or get a used 200 back box and put it on.
attachment.php

There was more pics but I cant attach them I have hit some kind of limit.

Here is the link to the French forum:
http://www.forum-clio.com/index.php?topic=17749.0
Wow. Thanks for all your help... i will call renault on monday with the part number. Would you say its a must cutting the 197 tips down?

If it's tips u want I have mint set u can buy off me from 29th this month pm me if interested bud