200 diffuser on a 197

Right just fitted the 200 diffuser I picked up to the car but the exhaust pipes don't quite reach the diffuser trims. Did anyone else have this problem when fitting it to a 197?

It's a 200 scorpion non res exhaust.

They don't go into the trims, they sit quite a bit back. Even has 2 fake circle/tip looking things inside because the actual exhaust sits far back

Yeah, it goes:

Exhaust > Collector Funnel > Chrome Tips (Or whatever you have)

I thought it was retarded when picking up the car but makes sense due to heat.

Look wank any way, I hated my 197 when I had the 200
duffuser with the akra. The 197 diffuser looks much better IMO

Last edited:
I have a 197 with a 200 diffuser and the same scorpion exhaust. I had to buy the funnels as they were missing, still used it without for a few months, nothing melted (even after a track day!!) I do have carbon tips which are probably better for heat.

This is how it should sit, as you can see its the tip, funnel then the exhaust sits back;
IMG_20140721_185745_zps1809615c.jpg

I have a 197 with a 200 diffuser and the same scorpion exhaust. I had to buy the funnels as they were missing, still used it without for a few months, nothng melted (even after a track day!!) I do have carbon tips which are probably better for heat.

This is how it should sit;
IMG_20140721_185745_zps1809615c.jpg

Have you got a link for the funnels you used matey?

Have you got a link for the funnels you used matey?

I got them through renault parts directly as I've got a mate that works there. They are actually 70 quid each, but with staff discount about 50 each!

I dont have the part number but I do have the diagram, hope this helps.
10566361_10152669579040832_1427340298_v2.jpg

[MENTION=50771]Azagedon[/MENTION] thanks matey I managed to find some on eBay for £9 each as I think that's a ridiculous price!

Just have to get something to secure them in place and hopefully should be problem sorted!

@Azagedon thanks matey I managed to find some on eBay for £9 each as I think that's a ridiculous price!

Just have to get something to secure them in place and hopefully should be problem sorted!
No worries, the metal funnels just clip into the 200 diffuser basically :smile:.