200 Head Lights Types (Pics Wanted)

Hi Guys,

Ok so from months of searching I have Finally found a complete front 200 Bumper for my 197.
Now all i need is some head lights for her and she will be complete.

I know with the 197 that you can get standard lights and then ones with projectors and cornering lights.

what is the different types with the 200? and could people post pics of their 200 lights?

Is there such thing as cornering lights with the 200 or was this just a 197 option?

thanks in advanced

d8e47a3f40cbd34a8a8b72bf7640ed44.jpg

Standard 200 projectors with cornering lights, think they may be all the same fit mate, don't quote me though..

You also get two non projector versions. One with the black inserts and one without on the 200. Check a stock 200 cup and stubonez thread for examples

If its like the 197, which I'm not sure, in which you retro fit projectors with cornering lights, the cornering aspect won't work.

If its like the 197, which I'm not sure, in which you retro fit projectors with cornering lights, the cornering aspect won't work.

My car already has cornering lights so when i fit 200 lights they should work. I didnt think the 200 came with corner lights thought it was just a 197 thing. :smile:

The projectors on a Clio III 200, if fitted, did have cornering lights (and black surrounds I think). As fano45 said, the non projector standard halogen lights came in two styles. Those with and those without black surrounds.

At one time I thought whether the lights had the black surround or not signified the presence of projectors. This is not the case. Projectors are signified by the single large round lens alone.

From what I could tell when researching purchasing mine. Actual Cup cars have plain surrounds. It could be possible that cars fitted with the Cup pack and standard halogen lamps have black surrounds (mine is and has black surrounds). Non Cup pack cars could be plain surrounds, but this wasn't consistent with pictures of cars I looked at. There were plenty of non cup pack cars with black surrounds.

Chris91 is also correct. As far as my research went, retro fitting projectors will work, but the cornering element won't. The steering wheel doesn't have the sensors fitted to move the lights in tandem with the steering wheel; quite possibly the loom may also be missing the wiring to connect the cornering lights as well.

The projectors on a Clio III 200, if fitted, did have cornering lights (and black surrounds I think). As fano45 said, the non projector standard halogen lights came in two styles. Those with and those without black surrounds.

At one time I thought whether the lights had the black surround or not signified the presence of projectors. This is not the case. Projectors are signified by the single large round lens alone.

From what I could tell when researching purchasing mine. Actual Cup cars have plain surrounds. It could be possible that cars fitted with the Cup pack and standard halogen lamps have black surrounds (mine is and has black surrounds). Non Cup pack cars could be plain surrounds, but this wasn't consistent with pictures of cars I looked at. There were plenty of non cup pack cars with black surrounds.

Chris91 is also correct. As far as my research went, retro fitting projectors will work, but the cornering element won't. The steering wheel doesn't have the sensors fitted to move the lights in tandem with the steering wheel; quite possibly the loom may also be missing the wiring to connect the cornering lights as well.

Thanks for your help. Like i mentioned before. My current 197 lights are projectors and cornering lights. So i am now on the look out for 200 projectors with cornering light haha. Bet these are expensive and hard to find

I bought them (200 projectors) new for around £260 the pair delivered I think it was.

Got them off [MENTION=814]Steve Murr[/MENTION] I believe.

Last edited:
I bought them (200 projectors) new for around £260 the pair delivered I think it was.

Got them off [MENTION=814]Steve Murr[/MENTION] I believe.

Thats not bad tbh. Can you remember any part codes? What did you do with your old lights??