200T Lacks Power after Panel Filter

It doesn't ever increase the intake temperature that much. The water temp rockets an then sits about 84. An doesn't give power until it drops below 81 which takes ages. It's like it gets stuck there.

An yeah it is slower to 60 at the moment. I'll re run it when this power issue is sorted

http://www.renaultsport.com/rsreplay/#/runs/1969

Here is a run across mk, anyone can view this, the issue starts to show itself when you get to the end of the first set of roundabouts when I do a u turn back up the other side.

You can adjust the widgets to see what's happening in regards to throttle and temperatures and also bhp.

Feel free to look and see if any one can help me understand it. As Renault don't know

Water temps shouldn't make that much of a power loss especially at only three degrees of a difference , unless you have a dodgy map that suddenly tells the car to lean of the fuel when temp goes above 81
horsepower drops of rapidly with boost temps but not so much water temps
Does the car data log fuel injector usage
can you check again the boost temps again
you really need to get it on a set of rollers with a guy that's good at looking at data logging and seeing what's dropping of and loosing you power by comparing data from different sensors and seeing what's dropping off when say one sensor is giving a dodgy reading
I think useing renaultsport software is not the way to go

I agree using RS monitor data isn't the way to go but considering Renault have no idea it's hard to identify the reason.

As for going on rollers it's kinda hard as it won't show the drop as it will be cooled by a huge fan.

I'm only posting here to see if anyone has an idea I can go to Renault with as they don't know an never had this issue. The rs monitor software allows me to show the issue to people instead of being called the placebo effect or let some technician from Renault go and rag my car around to find the issue

I would take the car to RS Tuning, if Renault can't diagnose it, a live run on a dyno with a data logger like Paul has should flag up what's actually happening. It maybe a coil pack going down as it gets hot, more than an induction problem. I think there have been a couple of 200Ts has problems with coils going down. Your dealer might be like mine, unless you get the right mechanic, they just can't be rsdaed.

still way faster to 30 though!!!

Yeh cause it's doesn't get moving for the wheel spin [emoji3]. Launch control needs re calibrating after remap.

Last edited:
Spoken to a friend at VXR Saying they used to have this with corsas as the air mass sensor needs resetting. Which is done by an ECU reset....

Any way without a clip machine this can be done? As Renault are f'in me about

Spoken to a friend at VXR Saying they used to have this with corsas as the air mass sensor needs resetting. Which is done by an ECU reset....

Any way without a clip machine this can be done? As Renault are f'in me about

Disconnect battery for a specific time? Not difficult to do, just remember to do it in order haha.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
PpAbarth Clio 200T Area 1