200t tested with pics

Good things come to those who wait..... to me it's more that Ford had more stock to start with allowing people to see and drive more, haven't seen many clio's, BUT I feel the clio will mature with tasty mods and with time, develope a bit more. I'm a fan of both, ONLY because I haven't driven either, Sat in a new clio and have only seen the fiesta, u can't make a judgement based just on figures. Need real world facts, not just what u read and watch on tv and car reviews.

So just abandon the Clio RS cause it is being outsold by the fiesta ST?

Dick!

no, abandon this model, because its not selling, or redesign it completely (which they wont, nor will they abandon it) not because its beeing outsold. dont you get the difference?

Dick!

It's not selling because there are better alternatives out there...the ST being one of them.

Much as some want to live in denial of that fact, it is true.

The exact same motoring press that lauded the old 200 now heap similar praise on the ST. Correct me if I'm wrong, but there's nothing like that love or respect for the 200T despite it being given an equally fair crack of the whip.

The 4RS is not being abandoned because it's being outsold by the Fiesta.

It's been abandoned because by comparison with what else is out there, and for what the traditional Renaultsport fan wants from a car, it's not very good and it costs too much money without being able to justify it.

it is selling. in the german forum theres 1-2 owners popping up each week. also many 200 owners there 'upgraded' to a 4rs

Maybe I should have said 'traditional British Renaulsport fan'.

I'm aware we're pretty unique in wanting our hot hatches hard and focused whereas our European cousins are much happier with softer options.

For them the 4RS is probably perfection.

Sadly for us lot, it's not.

British market is probably the most important for the Renault Sport marketing, however the car is also not selling in Europe, here in Slovenia only 1 or 2 have been sold so far in the last half a year since you are able to buy it, not that our country matters much, but still we have a lot of 197 and 200 clios, and nobody wants the 200t instead.

I'm aware we're pretty unique in wanting our hot hatches hard and focused whereas our European cousins are much happier with softer options.

have to agree here....trying to be an alternative to the jerman turbo twin clutch motors in gb doesn't seem to be paying off...

Clio 1*2 owners weren't camping outside their local Renault dealer for the 197. Equally 197 owners weren't generally doing the same for 200. Megs 225 owners weren't selling any kidneys or their first born for the 250 either. In fact read the threads, most bloody hate its successor!!!!

I think some of us underestimated the millions of pounds spent on marketing and research. I'm guessing each car brings a new type of owner. This is the same for all marques. How many forums have I read the new ***** has lost its soul, become too soft, too heavy...

The financial climate is very different than 8 years ago. We all have to think differently in what we invest in, Renault included, and not just to appease a relative small about of RS owners, who in reality even if they were better received probably wouldn't have bought one new anyway (if we are being really honest). Then there are those with pcp's, a large final payment pending, and was hoping that the new Renaultsport Clio would make that decision financially an easier one to make....

If you love your 197/200 just keep and enjoy it.

Last edited:
182 owners were sent a £1000 discount voucher at the launch of the 197 and even that didn't work.

If you want brembos on your 200t I can get you the part number for the two little brackets to bolt them on with.

:smile:

I thought it was pretty refreshing for someone to be honest about the two cars, rather than the usual one sided rant for/against each car. He gives credit to the Clio where its due. The Fiesta has 15hp more and sh*t ton more torque, it was always going to win the drag race.

Last edited:
As good as the Fiesta ST is, if i had to choose one it would be the 200T - personally think it looks better and have already seen so many ST's on the road. Not too fussed about the whole power issue and 'i have a faster car' stuff so i wouldnt go for a ST just because it can win a drag.

Is more about what you would enjoy to drive.

However, throw a second hand 250/265 into the equation and that would be my choice easily.

I admire the Ford (i have had than many and i used to sork for them) and i really think they have hit the nail on the head with the new ST

The guys at Mountune are flipping wixards when it comes to tuning anyway

I think the Clio will have to bide its time and pick up the wierd and wonderfull customer (like me) who want a car that covers a different set of bases

as i have said before i am actually quite happy that not everyman and his dog has one

Yes i know they are more expensive but it does what i want it to do

I heard from a friend who was speak to a Ford test driver (and feel free to correct me if im wrong) that the it is actually Ford who design/develop the upgrades and they then sell them to Mountune - hence they are Ford Warrenty approved.

Either way, be it designed by Ford or Mountune is a good incentive they have for people to want the car more

I admire the Ford (i have had than many and i used to sork for them) and i really think they have hit the nail on the head with the new ST

The guys at Mountune are flipping wixards when it comes to tuning anyway

I think the Clio will have to bide its time and pick up the wierd and wonderfull customer (like me) who want a car that covers a different set of bases

as i have said before i am actually quite happy that not everyman and his dog has one

Yes i know they are more expensive but it does what i want it to do

Well said that man and couldnt agree more. ST's a great car but I'm for one am just not a Ford person. I'm still struggling with the stigma attached to fast fords and vauxhalls, and I know it shouldnt matter but I feel I should be wearing a baseball hat, trackies and trainers every time I imagine myself in one. I'd sooner have a Megane over a focus too for the same reason. Even the RS Focus is a little wide boy IMO.

There is a petrolhead kudo's associated with Renaultsports that others just haven't got.

Last edited:
I can't imaging you in a baseball hat Litchy

You would look way to gangstar! Lol

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C200MOJO Spotted 0
Nickyandalanrs200 Clio 200T Area 2
PpAbarth Spotted 0
PpAbarth New Members 0
Foxspeed Clio General Chat 2