225 tyres

Does anyone know if can get away with 225 tyres on clio?

I think fronts will clear as camber has pulled too wheels in but not sure on rear.

Anyone used 225s?

Thanks

Does anyone know if can get away with 225 tyres on clio?

I think fronts will clear as camber has pulled too wheels in but not sure on rear.

Anyone used 225s?

Thanks

I dont think you you will get any problems at all as I have got 225/40/18 on the front and 235/40/18 on the rear my car is lowered on H&R springs with no signs of tyre rubbing at all

I ran 225/45R17 pretty much from when I bought my clio 200 until i sold it a few weeks ago (around 3 years) and never had an issue with them. Much bigger choice of tyres at better prices in 225 width.

Only down side is that they tramline a touch more but nothing to worry about.

Digging up an old post here but is this still a tyre size people use? Noticed myself the 225 is a lot cheaper than the 215 profile. Also you would think the wider tyre would be slightly better handling/stopping etc?

talking about on standard wheels. Would it effect the wheel pressure much changing tyres?

Digging up an old post here but is this still a tyre size people use? Noticed myself the 225 is a lot cheaper than the 215 profile. Also you would think the wider tyre would be slightly better handling/stopping etc?

talking about on standard wheels. Would it effect the wheel pressure much changing tyres?

If 225 would be better for handling why Renault Sport engineers did not use from factory?...

do you have an example of them being cheaper? When i checked they were still slightly more expensive than 215s (currently running 225s on my winter wheels).

It was the national tyres round the corner from where I live. About £15 cheaper a tyre for continental. was looking on camskill as well and they are a few pound cheaper per corner.. Although that was for the rainsport Uniroyals

on Nationals website even things like Dunlop sport maxx rt is £11 cheaper a corner.

Last edited: