2nd to 3rd gear change?

When pushing on in the 200 the change from 2nd to 3rd never seems to go right. It just doesn't like going into 3rd for some reason and seems very vague.

The question is whether it is just how the box is and I need to get used to it and whether there is anything I can do to improve it (new oil etc)? It doesn't sound like a gearbox fault as it doesn't crunch into gear. I'm hoping this box will last as long as I ask it to. lol

I'll be at Oulton on fri which means quite a few 2nd to 3rd so will report back to see if I adapt to the box.

yeah,when giving it the beans it can be a problem.the gears are close together so i assume when it misses a gear it going between 3rd an 5th.dont think its anything to worry about,a few on here have had complaints,but youll get used to it

Mine feels like it's trying to go between 1st and 3rd. I'm being more cautious as 1st gear at that speed isn't the greatest idea. lol

Ado - whats the mileage on the car? Just thinking if its almost new with not many miles could just be the components of the car bedding in, as unlikely as it may sound!

1500miles. It could be so I'm just going to let it be for now. I won't worry too much unless it gets worse.

1500miles. It could be so I'm just going to let it be for now. I won't worry too much unless it gets worse.

Yeh, once you get to 3k take a step back and ask yourself if its still doing it.

If yes, take to the dealer if i was you.

I think it will be a combination of the car being a bit 'tight' and the narrow gearbox, I had the same problem when I first got the car I was 'testing' it out against a friends Mini and I kept fluffing the 2nd to 3rd gear change - he still didn't win, but it was very close!